Hey so I'm aware that this is generic advice, but after this started happening to me today, I did some googling and quickly realized a lot of people had this problem and no where could I find a direct solution to it, at least not for Nvidia cards. I was able to completely fix it by doing the steps below, so I'm just gonna post this here in case anyone runs into this again, and hopefully it will help.
Problem = Game randomly closes to desktop within 15-20 minutes or less of playing — No warning, no errors, game running completely fine up until it happens.
- Check for Windows update, download, install any and all available. Restart to finish the updates.
- Download DDE (Display Driver Uninstaller)
- Boot in Safe mode
- Run DDE to uninstall dedicated graphics driver – use 'Clean and Restart'
- Restart you PC (should automatically restart as a result of step 4)
- repeat step 2 -4 for integrated graphics driver, and audio drivers
- Perform fresh install of integrated, dedicated, graphics drivers, and any necessary audio drivers ***
- Restart one last time
- You should (hopefully) be good to go!
*** For Nvidia users I manually installed the drivers and left Nvidia HD audio driver unchecked. I suspected this might have been relating to the crashes somehow but I have no evidence of that. In any case, if you want to install them, you can disable them from the device manager panel)
© Post "Game randomly crashes to desktop with no error – Step by step Fix" for game Sea of Thieves.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!