Level 40+ player here with loads of time spent in game, and will keep grinding away to Pirate Legend. Really like the game and enjoying every moment of it with my friends minus the obvious bugs such as:
- Server issues still happening, as a result constantly stuck on counting coins when making purchases.
- Weapon cosmetics constantly changing. The game right now is mostly about acquiring cosmetics, and I can't even use the ones I want because it keeps changing.
- Shooting yourself out of a cannon and flying the complete opposite way
- Disconnects, although not happening much to me, happening to my friends constantly.
Now last week we were promised a roadmap to address the communities worry about lack of content. Its almost weekend in the UK and there is still no roadmap in sight. It sounds like a broken promise, the first of many?
I feel like the last couple patches have been extremely shallow. Bugs that were supposed to be fixed clearly aren't fixed. The spawn mechanic change that was supposed to change the way PVP (mainly around forts) works, clearly doesn't function. Meanwhile, new bugs have found their way into the game while failing to actually fix old bugs.
Let's look at the patch notes (1.01/1.02/1.03):
- Players who have redeemed their Black Dog Pack pre-order code will now correctly see these items in their in-game chests. There are still people without the Black Dog Pack in-game
- Players should no longer intermittently be missing items and weapons when loading into the game. This is still happening
- Lighting has been tweaked in order to improve performance on multiple islands and outposts. They straight up cut graphic performance on PC
- Fixed tinnitus sound which persists after being killed by multiple explosive barrels. Sound bugs are still happening, usually anchor or grog chests
- Ship respawn distance…….. Is still a problem due to scuttle
- Players should no longer get into a state where they can no longer equip a second weapon. This is still happening according to reports
This is the majority of the patch note fixes aside from a few tweaks, and they straight up don't fix the problem.
Then, onto the "Launch Status Update"-page, which seems be updated once in a blue moon now. It said a fix for the majority of the OOS voyage bug was coming on April 11th. Yesterday I wen't to Devil's Ridge, the most OBVIOUSLY bugged island of them all, and yet again there were no skeletons. Where is the promised fix Rare?
TL;DR: I love the game, but Rare is making a lot of promises they can't/aren't keeping. It's very worrisome.
EDIT: It's hard to put your thoughts into words without sounding overly negative. I just want to clarify this is not a post to whine about lack of content. I'm all for bug fixes before adding new content. But from what I've seen the last few weeks. Fixes have been constantly promised but very few actual fixes have been applied. Meanwhile the "Known Issues" list is just growing and growing.
© Post "I really really like the game but Rare is giving me really bad vibes, and it’s worrying me." for game Sea of Thieves.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!