Hello everyone, I have started a new Oblivion playthrough with very minimal mod setup. I used OCO2 but I've found it ruined the characteristic of many NPCs, the biggest problem is many NPCs that were supposed to be old look very young.
And then I switched back to vanilla faces, I've found most of them to be not as bad as people claim and I must say they have their own charm. However I won't deny that there are some potatoes and downright monstrosity NPCs in the game that no amount of quality texture could fix.
To amend this, I've started a little project to adjust the deformed looking NPCs, I try to avoid the term "fix" since it's very subjective and the goal of this mod are:
– Lightweight NPC overhaul that only adjust the "deformed aspects" of vanilla NPCs that were made by Bethesda without care: this means ugly people are remain unchanged as I try my best to avoid unnecessary "beautification" of NPCs. I'm only looking to change NPCs that have slightly or largely deformed look (such as Kalthar, Jorck,…) to have more human looking face.
– Retain original character traits as much as possible: this means no hair change, NPC's complexion remain the same, even eyes color, old people are old and young people are young,…
– Made for people who play with vanilla, minimal mod setup and people who don't want drastic NPC overhaul but still want better looking NPCs.
Why your feedback are welcome and valuable to this project:
– Scoping out the "deformed" NPCs in vanilla game, including expansions and DLCs. Note that we will want to make NPCs who don't look human into human (or at least slightly), NPCs who look ugly but natural and human looking should remain the way they are like in real life. Gimme a list of NPCs that you feel they need changing!
– Providing feedback on the changes: what would you want to change, whether the changes I made good enough, or NPCs that shouldn't be changed, etc.
Here are some NPCs I've already changed, some changes you will see might be very small but can make the faces look more human:
Rohssan – Made her eyes more human and slightly reduced her giant nostril
Kalthar – Slightly adjusted his eyebrows and nose for less comical villain look
Jorck The Outcast – Greatly reduced his exaggerated looking mouth.
Errandil – Made his head thinner for more high elf look
Hamlof Red-Tooth – Lower his eyes since his eyes tend to shrink whenever he is angry.
Newheim the Portly – Head less "deflated", bigger eyes and adjusted mouth a bit.
Wilhelm the Worm – Rearranged head, mouth, nose for more human look
I know not many people use vanilla heads nowadays, but I feel a mod that attempt to adjust some of the terrible NPCs face must exist since most Oblivion NPC overhaul mods tend to lean toward beautification rather than lore friendly improvements.
I would love to receive your feedback, thank you for your time and I hope y'all have a great day!
Source: Original link
© Post "I’m working on a mod that humanize deformed vanilla NPCs and your feedback are welcome!" for game The Elder Scrolls.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.