Let me start by saying that I absolutely love monster sets: the notion of smaller sets that focus on (essentially) a 5th-piece bonus adds a lot of flavor to builds, and allows for more complex synergy with 5-piece sets.
However, after two-handed weapons were changed to count as two set pieces (an update I support), monster sets became an absolute given for endgame builds—to the point where helmets and pauldrons from 5-piece sets are more or less garbage.
To remedy this, I have a proposition: What if we added a wider variety of "Heroic" two-piece sets, and only allowed players to equip one Heroic set at a time? They could serve as high-value rewards for veteran content, and expand the ways a 2-piece set could influence a build. And just to be clear, monster sets would retroactively be considered heroic sets as well.
I've listed a few possible examples below, but note, these are just rough ideas to illustrate the concept. I haven't crunched the numbers, so please assume the effects would be updated or altered for balancing purposes:
- Azura's Bands (2 Rings)
- (1 item) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery
- (2 items) Adds 3750 Max Stamina
- Tools of the Master Alchemist (Belt and Bracers)
- (1 item) Reduces the cooldown of potions by 5 seconds
- (1 item) Increases the duration of potion effects by 5 seconds
- (2 items) When you drink a potion, gain Minor Berserk and Minor Protection for the duration of the potion's effect.
- Thundermage's Raiment (Jerkin and Breeches)
- (1 item) Adds 1096 Max Magicka
- (1 item) Adds 2975 Shock Resistance
- (2 items) When you deal shock damage, you have a 50% chance to deal an additional 9000 Shock Damage over 3 seconds, and apply the Concussed status effect. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
- Cloak of Meditation (Epaulets and Robe)
- (1 item) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
- (2 items) When you cast a channeled ability, you restore 1000 Magicka and gain Major Prophecy for 3 seconds. This effect can occur once every 3 seconds.
- Elemental Rod (Staff)
- (1 item) Adds 129 Spell Damage
- (2 items) When you deal elemental damage, you embody the spirit of destruction for 5 seconds, increasing the damage of your light attacks by 750, and causing them to always apply either the Burned, Concussed, or Chilled status effect. This effect can happen every 8 seconds.
- Note: This is a tricky one, since Maelstrom/Asylum/Master/Blackrose weapons already exist, and can be used with a monster set. My thinking is that heroic weapons could feature a really powerful effect on a cooldown, so you could run one on your front bar, and a Maelstrom/Master weapon on the other. This would definitely need balancing though.
Anyway, just a musing on this fine Monday. Let me know what you think!
Source: Original link
© Post "What If We Had More Alternatives to 2-Piece Monster Sets?" for game The Elder Scrolls.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.