I think the Witcher 3 has overall amazing writing but here are the prominent flaws I noticed: SPOILERS below obviously
- Crones being careless with Ciri and letting her escape. how do they not prevent this through magic or just common sense, considering her status and value
- Baron surviving the cockatrice attack
- Uma randomly introduced to the player by just bursting down the door screaming. lazy way to foreshadow an essential element of the story
- baron attacks swamp with 5 guards instead of a legion of men. its also silly that no one important dies as a direct result of fighting a bunch of drowners, water hags, and a fiend. if crones are so powerful why dont they do anything further to kill everyone there
- xenovox is basically a phone yet it isn't used anywhere in the story except for a throwaway side quest with keira metz…geralt y u no keep that and give to yen? why does yen and nilfgard not possess something of such extraordinary power and utility
- too many peasants picking a fight with geralt, despite the infamous reputations of witchers in general and geralt's specific reputation…"butcher of blaviken"
- triss not trying harder to protect herself from witch hunters. instead of magically altering her appearance or at the very least changing clothes, hair color/style, etc. she just puts a hood on. and it pretty much works. um?
- dandelion doesn't get caught after being freed, despite the whole point being that he was never released. he's pretty damn famous so why is he running a popular brothel and walking around in his bright purple outfit if he should be in jail? no one knows or cares i guess
- skald surviving the wild hunt attack, despite them killing for far less. why didnt they torture him for info considering he helped ciri escape? also he wakes up for a split second to see uma which is vital to the plot
- risking the Djinn wish considering the larger things at stake. why u do this yen?
- stranger in a strange land quest: Geralt willingly going to jail considering the larger things at stake. wtf all around, that should not have happened EVER. and once hes in jail hes saved by the most convenient mans in the world who happens to have something on a guard so geralt can leave.
- udalryk quest: the entire baby in the furnace thing…like she risked not only hurting the baby (how did she know geralt would quen it…) but also she killed two innocent men who attacked me and put udalryk himself in danger. what a shitty plan why couldnt i just fight the ghost
- ciri, dandelion, geralt, AND yen all remembering that really long elf speech curse verbatim.
- hjalmar can go fight at kaer morhen but not his sister or dad (when hes king). um? why cant they send like 100 soldiers to help either? its either all or nothing apparently?
- geralt not busting down the dwarf hut when ciri is inside and the wild hunt could show up at any moment. hurry up stop humoring their requests
- crones absolute push-overs in their fight. i mean honestly they are basically water hags lmao so much for the implication that they are super powerful beings
- mages are super op. triss cock torture, fireballs, instant teleportation, owl transformations, mind controlling three poeple simultaneously while blind? why doesnt phillipa just fireball radovid on his ship or mind control his guards to cut his head off?
- radovid actually leaving his ship to go find phillipa despite his paranoia. wat? also geralt being saved is total contrivance
- djikstra is not stupid enough to think geralt, ves, and roche would be killed by a couple mercenaries. nor is he dumb enough to do this weird speech beforehand without getting an edge on them by having them put in totally vulnerable positions
- caranthir doesnt just grab geralt and teleport him 100 ft in the air so he goes splat. or send him to bottom of ocean, which he does later but only when ice conveniently melted.
- geralt is frozen solid but no one kills him
so yeah those are the writing flaws i noticed. if anyone can dispute some of them im open to hearing out arguments, i think witcher 3's writing is mastercraft but yeah
Source: Original link
© Post "list of Witcher 3 writing problems I noticed" for game The Witcher.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.