Scarlet Spear is still in the works, but as a continuation of our Revision passes, we wanted to share with you some more tweaks we’ve been working on. In this post, we are looking to continue our previous update of Warframe Revised, with these additional changes:
1) Impact Damage
2) Gas Damage
3) Status Chance Mods
4) Kuva Liches
5) Foundry Crafting Times
6) Magus Lockdown Arcanes
7) Grendel Changes
8) Titania Changes
9) Rakta Dark Dagger
10) Scarlet Spear ETA
1. Impact Damage:
Impact damage will now have an accumulating effect that can stack on enemies, leading to a large stagger and additional chance to have a Parazon Finisher animation available. In brief, these changes are:
- Each stack of Impact Status creates a slightly bigger stagger effect until a heavy stagger occurs at 5 stacks.
- Each stack of Impact Status increases the chance of a Parazon Finisher move by 10%, available when the enemy falls below the required health threshold.
Why: We mentioned this on the Devstream, but we wanted to write out the plans here on what we’re changing based on feedback. Ragdolls and Knockdowns were not a status effect our players enjoyed!
2. Gas Damage:
Gas damage has been reworked to have a radius stacking effect with a focus on how it continues to work after the death of an enemy who is affected by it. In short, this means the following changes have been made:
- Gas Effects will continue to cause damage-over-time to targets even after the original target dies.
- Gas Status Area-of-Effect radius increases with the number of stacks, to a max of 10 stacks.
- Gas damage resistance has been removed from Toxic Ancient Auras.
- There has been a lot of feedback over Gas damage, and how it seemed lacking in comparison to other Status effects. This change will hopefully give Gas a bit more viability, and make it react in a way that is thematically appropriate.
3. Status Chance Mods:
With all the changes to Status effects, we have made a broad increase to Status Chance mods, increasing them dramatically. There are a few other mods that required a buff, however. The exact numbers can be found below:
- Increased Hammer Shot Status Chance from 40% to 80%.
- Increased Shattering Justice Status Chance from 20% to 90%. In addition, this buff has been changed from an additive chance to a multiplicative chance.
- Increased Stunning Speed Status Chance from 10% to 30%.
- Why: As we stated before in previous Warframe Revised posts, Status Chance got a buff when changes were made to how Status stacks are delivered. This is simply covering a few more Mods to bring them in line with the new balance.
4. Kuva Lich Changes:
Based on feedback with the recent overhaul to Status Effects in Warframe Revised 27.2.0, the conversation of how Status Effects should react with Bosses or VIPS has started. Our first step down this road is starting with Kuva Liches. Currently, there are two special rules to this “Boss Status enabling”:
- No Status Effect will exceed a maximum of 4 stacks, with the exception of Impact which can stack up to 6 times. There is a cooldown on status for Liches, however, to prevent stun-locking them in place and removing the challenge with Status Weapons.
- Radiation does not change the enemy’s Faction, and instead of increasing Damage done to enemies with stacks, it increases the Damage taken from enemies who have turned on them.
Why: Kuva Liches are tough, but that toughness was limited to their immunities and level of health. This change will let the individual builds of a player have more meaning when fighting a Lich, while still keeping them challenging. Pending feedback, this change will also be applied to other bosses in Warframe.
We look forward to your constructive feedback and we work towards applying this to other Bosses/VIPS.
5. Foundry Crafting Time Change:
- In an effort to help maintain some building consistency, we have reduced the build time for Forma, Orokin Catalysts, Orokin Reactors, and Exilus Adaptors to 23 hours (as opposed to 24) as per player request.
Why: When building Forma or another similar item, having a 24-hour limit meant that players who signed on at a regular time would see some delays in when an item was ready. We wanted to be respectful of a player’s playing time, and by making it 23 hours, they can grab their completed item and start another build without upsetting their routine. P.S don’t forget about the Mobile app!
6. Magus Lockdown Changes:
We are making some changes to Magus Lockdown that will keep it as a tactical option over the ‘do-everything’ solution. Here are the changes coming with the Scarlet Spear update:
- Magus Lockdown will no longer apply Puncture damage to tethered enemies.
- The amount of active Tethers is now limited to 2 per player. This means that if you cast Magus Lockdown a third time, the first tether will stop, and the new tether will take its place.
- Magus Lockdown no longer affects the Golden Maw due to the Arcane killing the Maw and preventing Quest completion. This also fixes a script error that was causing some problems when the Golden Maw is encountered.
Why: Magus Lockdown has a reputation for being the CC and Damage meta, and after some review, it is not hard to see why. There are cases where Magus Lockdown has wiped entire waves of Elite Sanctuary Onslaught without the need for a weapon or a Warframe power and that is not what we had in mind for the design of this.
7. Grendel Changes:
Grendel has been out in the wild for some time now, and with the player feedback, we have made the following changes to the hungriest Warframe:
- Grendel’s Nourish now mimics Titania’s Tribute buff selector. If you’re unfamiliar with Titania’s Tribute buff selector, you can tap the Ability to select a different buff, then hold the Ability to cast the selected effect.
- When consumed by Grendel, Sentients now have a max duration they can be consumed before popping out, on a timer that is affected by diminishing returns. This change was made to prevent Grendel from stopping mission progression where all Sentients must be exterminated for the mission to succeed.
- Grendel can now consume Grenades, because why not add a bit of spicy seasoning to your meal?
Why: This change was to make power selection more consistent with other Warframes, as well as reduce the potential for exploiting missions with sentient threats by either removing them from play or locking down the mission. As for eating grenades? Well, why not? He’s a hungry boy.
8. Titania Changes & Fixes:
Titania has seen a few changes in recent history, but there were a couple of additional quality-of-life modifications we wanted to make to bring her in line with other similar systems:
- Titania has a new Passive: Titania generates Health for herself and nearby Allies every time she casts an Ability.
- Titania can now use Blink while in her Razorwing ability.
- We fixed an issue where casting Razorwing while in a specific Simarlacrum situation would result in a white screen.
Why: Since Titania uses the same systems as Archwing in her Razorwing form, we wanted her abilities to match with what players are used to. The new Passive Ability was a replacement that we felt would make her more enticing to play, while also thematic.
9. Rakta Dark Dagger
- The passive bonus which grants Shields when attacking an enemy afflicted with the Radiation Status has been tweaked to work with Shield Gating. Now the bonus will only apply if you have shields active.
Why: This is a balance pass after shield gating was introduced. With the new system, shields would tick in, defeating the new delay set by the Shield gate. This change simply makes sure you are getting the same buffs without abusing the new Shield system.
10. Scarlet Spear ETA
- We are still working away on the Update even with the initial work-from-home adaptation. As Mentioned in Devstream #140:
“We are hoping to release Scarlet Spear soon, possibly next week, but the release date may slip depending on how quickly we can translate to work-from-home. It will come in March for sure
Scarlet Spear is indeed launching next week on PC! Consoles soon!
Please feel free to leave your feedback in this thread, but make sure to keep your feedback civil and constructive.
Source: Original link
© Post "2020’s First Mainline: Review, Revise, Refresh: Part 3!" for game Warframe.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.