While hunting Demolysts, I noticed some of them had odd behaviors, such as ability immunity, status immunity or self-healing. It was somewhat inconsistent so I decided to study them to understand their patterns and mechanics and figure out which ones can do what. These are my findings.
Amalgam Shields and Status Immunity
While shielded, Demolysts of all types are completely immune to status. Once the shield is down, whatever DoT is afflicting them will begin damaging them and will immediately stop if the shield regenerates even if a little bit.
On Amalgams, the shield behaves similarly, but it will allow CC-related status through, such as Blast, Impact, and Radiation. DoTs are still blocked, however.
Interestingly enough, the shields are affected by Shield Disruption aura.
Without and With Shield Disruption Aura
Demolysts & Crowd-Control Immunity
Demolysts are immune to:
- Mind Control (from Nyx, radiation procs or others)
- Knockback and knockdown (from Banshee's 1, melee slams, airkicks, blast/impact procs, etc)
- Disarms (Loki, Baruuk, etc)
- Stuns (Banshee's Silence, Excal's Blind)
Demolysts are affected by:
- Slowdown Abilities, such as Snowglobe, Molecular Prime and Peaceful Provocation.
- Barricades, such as Atlas' Tectonics, will block their movement.
- Entangle, such as Khora's Ensnare & Venari's twisty-3-hit-combo thing.
- Teleports, such as Loki's Switch Teleport.
- Inconsistently, Suspend. Works if it's from Magus Lockdown & Exodia Epidemic, but not Hildryn's Aegis Storm.
- Inconsistently, Sleep. Equinox's Rest does not work at all (targeted on the Demo or nearby). Baruuk's Lull, Ivara's Sleep Arrow and Aero mod set effect do work however.
These effects will be toggled off/cleansed by the Demolysts' pulsing Nullifier bubble from time to time, including Atlas' wall. Even effects that aren't abilities (such as Exodia Epidemic) will get cleansed off anyways.
Aero mod set & Exodia Epidemic forced this Machinist asleep, until his Nully bubble pulsed. Sorry for bad crop
Profile: Demolyst Heqet
These big-headed freaks wield the new Sniper Rifle and will take you down very quickly at higher levels. They can also clone you by shooting an energy beam with a distinct VFX on your frame ; when affected, break line-of-sight or flank them to disrupt the cloning beam.
If you see that effect on you, break line of sight or roll and flank them to interrupt!
A successful cloning will stun you and immediately spawn a Spectrolyst right next to you. Those work like Specters and use unmodded gear to kill you. Their stats scale on level, so a 100+ frame with a rubico will wipe out your squad in no time.
Weaknesses: Magnetic (75%) on shields, Toxin/Viral (50%) on health
Profile: Demolyst Machinist
This absolute unit spawns a Demolyst Osprey as soon as his shields go down for the first time. The osprey can spawn Spectrolysts of his own Machinist when wounded.
Notice the red Specter on the right picture, and the Osprey spawning another like a blue magic missile. That's where the enemy Spectrolysts come from!
If the Osprey is killed, the Spectrolysts all die with it, but if the main Machinist is killed, the Osprey remains. Thankfully, the Osprey is very squishy so don't waste time on the specters and burst it down before it gets to do anything.
Weaknesses: Magnetic (75%) on Shields, Viral and Toxin (50%) on Health
Profile: Demolyst Satyr
These versatile… things can swap between melee attacks and ranged depending on who's walking. They have fantastic animations, but thankfully they aren't much of a threat most of the time.
Ranged & Melee modes
Weakness: Magnetic (75%) on Shields, Electric (50%) and Radiation (25%) on Robotic Health
Profile: Demolyst Moa
By far the worst out of the bunch, these bipedal weapon platforms are extremely durable innately, but once they reach a health threshold, they can blast themselves with the cannon, self-healing and becoming immune to all abilities. Once they start shooting the ground beneath their feet, burst them down as fast as possible.
Before and After shooting itself and becoming Ability Immune. Note the red legs; once it grows immune, it changes color!
Demo Moa healing himself
Due to their ability to self-heal and become immune to abilities, these are in my opinion the worst Demolyst and the squad should dedicate at least two members on it if they spawn.
Weaknesses: Magnetic (75%) on Shields, Electricity (50%) and Radiation (25%) on Robotic Health
- Banshee & Nova offer damage multipliers onto the Demolysts, allowing you to kill them quicker. Nova will also slow them down
- Bring a zaw with Exodia Epidemic & Magus Lockdown to at least pause their sprint towards the conduit. Equipping a single Aero mod will also let you do that
- Loki's Switch Teleport works on all demolysts! Use this to your advantage. You can even teleport them onto a reset area/hole and instakill them
- Mesa's Peacemaker deals DPS enough to delete most of these very quickly, until level 180+ or so. From then on, you'll definitely need at least some CC or buff backup
- Stay away from them, or they will nullify you. Only get close if you play a melee frame that doesn't rely on buffs!
Bonus Profile: Amalgam Alkonost
Not really a Demolyst and in my opinion a low priority target, but these are so freaky and awesome I had to talk about them. They will slowly glide towards another Corpus unit, hug them from behind and corrupt them, making them far stronger.
Notice the deformed, skinless (?) face once corrupted by that thing
Thank you for reading! Good hunting, Tenno.
Edit: added tips section, fixed CC bullets
Source: Original link
© Post "A Study on Amalgams, Demolysts and their Individual Abilities & Weaknesses" for game Warframe.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!