THE UPSIDES ON EXIMUS
- They are rewarding enough in terms of Affinity
- They are designed to be special obstacles players will need to take down
THE DOWNSIDES ON EXIMUS
- Their current design on being these obstacles leaves little to be cautious about or is ineffectively done so
- It can be hard at times to distinguish which Eximus is coming at us
- Right now, Eximus can reward us more in Steel Path, but outside of that their special loots ends up giving players enough Oberons to match the Grineer Empire
- For Codex Hunters, Eximus from a specific Mob Type is rather hard to find and complete the entries. Some will rarely be seen such as Ballifs, Manic Bombards, Crawlers due to certain reasons like the difficulty mechanics.
- As of now, basically 8 different types of Eximus can be seen in regular Star Chart outside of Wardens, Synthesis, and Prosecutors. I feel the library of Eximus can be expanded and redone further
POSSIBLE NEW VISUAL CUES TO DISTINGUISH EXIMUS BETTER:
- Auras or Ephemeras on Eximus Enemies that also contain special symbols signifying their Eximus ability
- Some "energy wing/symbol" located on their back. Different Eximus can have different appearances
- Show a different "Health Hub" either when close to or when attacking an Eximus
NEW NODE TO NODE SYSTEM FOR EXIMUS
- Suggestion for each map node to show which enemy type will showup as an Eximus in that mission
- EX: E-Gate can contain Eximus of Lancers, Rollers, Butchers, and Napalms
- This way, players hunting to finish their Codex are guaranteed a location for Eximus units they haven't finished entries of
WHAT THE EXIMUS COULD BE DESIGNED FOR
- Movement in Warframe is one of its highlights, but there is little to no use for Parkour 2.0 or any means to put it to the test.
- The Eximus should have certain abilities that do that
- The Eximus should also TELEGRAPH better their effects
- Give the players time to realize that there is a threat that is the Eximus
- Example: Do something other than Eximus that continuously drain Energy. Make the Energy Drain Eximus instead create a damaging delayed bomb on death that will remove Energy on players that are hit
CURRENT AND NEW EXIMUS ABILITY ACTIVATION TYPES
- Eximus with an AOE aura or leaves a trail of a debilitating effect
- Eximus that create special effects/obstacles that fall in a cooldown
- Eximus that debilitate upon hitting players and their allies
- Eximus that trigger an effect/ability if their health reaches a certain point. Triggers once.
- Eximus that trigger an effect/ability on their death
- Eximus with a chance to trigger an effect/ability when damaged
SOME EXAMPLES OF POSSIBLE EXIMUS
- Anchor Eximus
- Creates an frontal AOE field that prevents players on it from jumping
- Bullet Hoarder Eximus
- Each hit robs player's Ammo from their gun. The more ammo the Eximus collect, the more dangerous they become. Regain the ammo stolen on death
- Reflector Eximus
- Once Health hits 50%, roots its position and with a telegraphing animation creates a frontal barrier reflecting bullets for 7 seconds
- Vengeful Eximus
- On death, creates an invulnerable and invincible copy of itself that lasts for a few seconds with increased aggro.
- Geist Eximus
- Besides itself and other Eximus, turns nearby enemy allies invisible
- Dead Inverter Eximus
- On death, fires a slow homing projectile that damages and on hit temporarily inverts player's movement controls. Projectile lasts for X seconds.
- Cold Straight Eximus
- Fires an icicle that leaves behind a trail of cold hazard
- Stalwart Eximus
- Immune to Crowd Control until its health reaches less than or equal to 40%
BRAINSTORMING POSSIBLE DUAL-EXIMUS "ELITE EXIMUS"
The examples provided are more isolated Eximus abilities. I have pondered an idea of special Elite Eximus that contains 2 different and non-interfering Eximus abilities that reward further on kills. However, I will put that idea off for now.
VIDEO TOUCHING ON SOME PROBLEMS WITH WARFRAME AND THE CHALLENGE IT CURRENTLY HAS TO OFFER:
CONCLUDING QUESTIONS FOR YOU IN TOPIC OF EXIMUS
- How challenging do you see the Eximus right now?
- What are currently your
Eximus you face today?
- With the influx of Oberon parts, is there other unique or unimportant drops you think the Eximus should provide?
- Do you feel it is easy to distinguish the Eximus you face visually?
- For you Codex hunters, do you find it difficult to find a specific entry for an Eximus enemy type
- How important do you feel the Eximus should be in terms of challenge?
Source: Original link
© Post "An Eximus 2.0 Could be the Key to More Engaging/Challenging Gameplay" for game Warframe.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.