I'm sorry, I'm just wanting to make a small explanation post, because while I was browsing through the patch notes of Hotfix 25.0.8 and read through several replies from various people concerning this fix over Ivara's cloak arrow, and people misunderstood what DE actually fixed. People thought this fix was being applied to all defense objects like sortie defense operative or arby defense operative, but they were mistaken. If it did, then that would be a genuine bug on DE's part and would need rectifying. Cloak arrow is meant to only work on allies – which includes sortie/arby defense operatives and special other objects (see screenshots further below).
- Fixed Ivara’s Cloak arrow functioning on Defense objectives, leaving enemies unable to find it.
Just to clarify – what DE fixed specifically was Ivara's cloak accidentally working on defense cryopods found on hydron (Sedna), Helene (Saturn), and I think the last one was on Lith (Earth). Prior to the hotfix patch, you could shoot a cloak arrow on the cryopods on those specific mission nodes, and the grineer would run towards the cryopod, but not attack it. You could tell it was a bug, because the entire cryopod wasn't actually cloaked whenever you fired a cloak arrow on it.
- This screenshot (taken today, after I updated to patch hotfix 25.0.8) on hydron, now showing what's supposed to properly happen.
People were mistaken and thought these things below were also part of the "fix", but rest assured, cloak arrow being used on allies are intended (because the entire object gets cloaked). These screenshots were taken as well, after I updated to hotfix 25.0.8 – to show, what objects are allowed to be cloaked by cloak arrow.
- Arbitration style defense (and by the same token, sortie defense operative will work too). So don't worry, you can still use Ivara's cloak arrow on sortie defense.
- Rescue target (rescue will still work, because it uses an operative just like sortie/arby def). But screenshot as further proof.
- The escort drone mission from PoE bounties:
- The coil drive from orb vallis bounties:
- Oh yeah, I forgot cloak arrows also work on the operatives from defection too (cause they allies too).
Not that anyone besides me has ever used Ivara for defection before.
I was expecting the bug to get fixed eventually. But I just wanted to clarify what actually got fixed with cloak arrow, since so many people were confused when they read that patch note. I do think though, that should've been made more clear in the patch notes on what was fixed. I hope I clarified everything over the cloak arrow patch note fix.
A side note, to determine if something can be cloaked or not, mark a waypoint on it. If the object says "ally" or "hostage" then you can use cloak arrow on it. Of course cloak arrow also works on teammates.
Source: Original link
© Post "Explanation about the bugfix to Ivara’s cloak arrow in Hotfix 25.0.8 patchnotes (cryopod vs allied operatives/allied objects)" for game Warframe.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.