- Unsubscribe from all mods. Disabling wasn't enough to stop all mod related crashes for me personally
- Your UI is going to be goofy big. Use in-game native scaling: ESC -> Options -> Video -> Enable scaling -> play with it until you find the scale you like
- You'll probably want to change your chat font too. I wouldn't worry about this too much since it's going to be fixed quickly
- Unplug any controllers or devices that the game may interpret as a controller
- Typically fullscreen is more stable but not always. You can quickly toggle between them using ALT+ENTER. Note that gsync can be funky when its not fullscreen
- Crashing in multiplayer? Try playing the prologue.
- Administrator privileges just to be positive windows isn't causing you grief behind the scenes:
- Right click the game in your Steam Library
- Go to Properties then the Local Files tab.
- Click Browse Local Files.
- Locate the game executable (the application).
- Right click it and go to Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the Run this program as an administrator box.
- Click Apply.
- Several graphic updates happened. I don't see them mentioned in the patch notes. If you're still unstable change graphic settings to low. You can crank it back up once you're stable again but lets eliminate as much as possible.
- Update your graphic driver if you haven't in a while
- Set field of view to 80 (again, revert this once you're stable but for some reason I had better stability at 80 FOV)
- I finally got the game to behave better than it ever has before by using the nvidia control panel to force some settings. Gsync kept claiming it was enabled but I would see tearing as well as other stuff that was unusual. All of it was resolved by forcing the settings:Open nvidia control panel -> Manage 3d settings -> Program Settings -> Dropdown select Warhammer: Vermintide 2 (dx12) ->
- Anisotropic filtering – Application controlled
- Antialiasing FXAA – Off
- Antialiasing Gamma correction – On
- Antialiasing Mode – Application controlled
- Antialiasing transparency – Off
- CUDA GPUs – All
- Maximum pre-rendered frames – Use the 3d application settings
- Monitor technology – G-SYNC
- Multi-frame sampled AA (MFAA) – Off
- OpenGL rendering GPU – Auto-select
- Power management mode – Prefer maximum performance (keep in mind this only happens for this game)
- PReferred refresh rate – Highest available (this is important!)
- Shader cache – On
- Texture filtering Anisotropic – Off
- Texture filtering Negative LOD – Allow
- Texture filtering Quality – Quality
- Texture filtering Trilinear – On
- Threaded optimization – Auto
- Triple buffering – Off
- Vertical sync – Use the 3d application settings (this is important)
- Virtual reality pre-rendered framers – Use the 3d application settings
- Open router ports so you can handle host disconnects and handoffs more gracefully: https://portforward.com/warhammer-vermintide-2/
- Make sure your upload rate is set correctly in the in-game settings (Options -> Network). If not then you may be causing a lot of problems for other people without knowing it
- Confirm firewall exception in windows
- Open windows defender firewall (I hit the start key and type Firewall to find it)
- Allow an app or feature through the windows defender firewall
- Scroll down to Warhammer: Vermintide 2 and make sure its allowed on the network of your choice (just check both if you really dont know)
- Reduce the channels and quality to low. Windows can often handle sound in unexpected ways like trying to use your monitor's speakers instead of your 5.1 dedicated ones or defaulting to output to weird devices. Reducing the channels and range is just another troubleshooting step.
Crashing in multiplayer? Try playing the prologue.
Source: Original link
© Post "1.5 Troubleshooting" for game Warhammer: Vermintide.