There's been quite a few discussions about the new bonus map Fortunes of War (or as the veterans know it, Town Meeting).
As probably many groups have figured out, things take a turn for the extreme when it reaches its 8th, final wave, where a Bile Troll and Rat Ogre spawn simultaneously, with several seemingly unending waves of elites and specials.
For those who may need a bit of help understanding exactly what is thrown at them, I went and made a detailed list of the spawns of that last wave, and how they work.
Forewarning that this is a decompiled code list, backed up with my in-game experience, it may break the magic, so only proceed forward if you're not afraid of spoilers, or potentially cheesy tips. Personally, the experience I got clearing it blindly is unique, and I wouldn't have wanted to miss it.
Anyway, here's what the wave spawns:
- 2-directional horde of 30-40 marauder&fanatics, with 2-3 chaos warriors and up to 4 maulers.
- Troll after 20 seconds.
- Rat Ogre after another 8 seconds.
- After 170 seconds OR whenever less than 5 enemies are left alive (kind doesn't matter), the wave continues with a horde of about 40-70 slave/clans flooding in from the middle.
- Almost immediatly followed by 3 gutter runners.
- After 160 seconds OR whenever less than 5 enemies are left alive, the wave continues with a 2 directional wave of 4-12 berzerkers and 4-8 maulers.
- Almost immediatly followed by 3 packmasters and 20-35 slave/clan rats.
- After 172 seconds OR whenever less than 5 enemies are left alive, the wave continues with 15-20 marauders and fanatics, 1-2 chaos warriors and up to 2 maulers, as well as 4 globadiers.
- Another 165 seconds/less than 5 enemies check, followed up by a 2-directional wave of 8-16 stormvermins, with up to 4 shielded stormvermins.
- Followed by 3 gunners and 2 packmasters after 15 seconds.
- Followed by a second ogre after 8 more seconds.
- 160 seconds/less than 5 enemies check, followed by 30-45 slave rats and 4-10 plague monks.
- Followed by 2 gutter runners, a globadier and a ratling gunner after 20 seconds.
- 160 seconds/less than 5 enemies check, followed by a 2-directional wave of 8-16 marauders, 1-8 maulers and up to 4 marauders with shields.
- Followed by 2 warpfire throwers after 12 seconds.
- Followed by 6-16 stormvermins after 15 seconds.
- Followed by 2 more warpfire throwers, 2 blightstormers, 3 leeches and 2-5 chaos warriors after 25 seconds.
- 160 seconds/less than 5 enemies check, followed by an 8-directional wave of 16-40 marauders.
- Followed by 20-35 slave/clan rats after 15 seconds.
- 168 seconds/less than 5 enemies check, followed by a final wave of 30-45 slave rats with 4-10 chaos warriors.
- Event completes after 310 seconds, or when the last enemy dies.
This entire blob of text is a summary of the 8th and final wave of Fortunes of War. The most important thing to know is that since respawns in this challenge map only happen after the end of a wave, it means that from the moment that first marauder/fanatic horde spawns, there are no more respawns for the rest of the challenge. You absolutely HAVE to keep all players alive through the worst of it if you want to survive.
Also, the second obvious tidbit to deduct from the code reading is that since the waves progress on a straight enemy count, trying to kill all enemies except the bosses before clearing them will simply trigger the next spawns. You HAVE to fight and kill the bosses while other enemies remain standing.
Interestingly enough, this does also mean that if you intentionally leave some of those initial chaos enemies alive, you can fight and clear both of those initial bosses without having to deal with any extra waves or specials of any sort, for as much as almost 3 minutes, plenty of time to kill both of them with 4 players alive.
Small extra note that the numbers mentionned above are a simplification of horde compositions. Here's an example of the very first spawns : there are 4 possibilities, and the first set of spawns rolls for 1 of them, twice (once for each direction they come from).
Also, these spawns are for Legend difficulty. Fortunes of War features the first map event to ever have differences between difficulties (by means of certain spawns only happening on a certain difficulty or higher). Lower diffculties will thus be missing some of the spawns detailed above. For example, the first rat ogre only happens on champion or above, and the second one only on legend.
© Post "A detailed explanation of the last wave of Fortunes of War." for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!