So there's no beating around the bush, $10 for this current is pretty stunningly underwhelming.
This sub has been pretty negative for the past few months due to the lack of content, and it seems to have, ironically, only amplified with the newest release.
Despite all this, I still love this game a lot, it has a lot going for it, and would really like to see it succeed. I think a lot of this community share that same sentiment, hence why we're seeing people upset about the DLC.
So with all of that being acknowledged, let's have a pros and cons list of the DLC, and start a discussion of what we'd like to see.
Things that FatShark seem to have gotten right:
- I've only played one map so far, but it seems decently well designed at least.
- The game was dying for some new content, and hopefully this release will help revive some of the flagging playerbase.
- They've provided the new maps free of charge. Honestly? Considering the nickel and diming that happens nowadays by most publishers, that is pretty cool. Games like COD charge $15 for a few maps.
- The new maps being free of charge means that the community won't be split up. This is great, especially considering player numbers have been hurting lately, no need to worsen the situation.
- There are some really nice QoL fixes in this patch.
- Some of the new cosmetics do look pretty cool, and they've added a decent number of new cosmetics free for existing owners. It also counts previously completed maps, which is nice.
Things that FatShark seem to have gotten wrong:
- $10 for a weekly quest and some cosmetics? Currently there seem to be only two reasons to buy this DLC: 1) To support the devs 2) You're desperate for those new cosmetics.
- 25 Quick play games for a chest? That is pretty insane. I have over 100 hours in this game, but it's already difficult enough getting games in with a full time job, and that's not counting failed pubs in Legend (or even lower difficulties sometimes).
- There still seem to be a substantial amount of bugs.
- Some of the cosmetics seem rushed and/or are assets which were already in the game. Granted, the devs want to keep making money in the game and that's their right, but still, it is a bit disappointing to see.
Okay, so what solutions would you like to see to fix the current DLC release?
Here are some of my thoughts:
- Continue to hotfix bugs at a quick rate. If FatShark want players to come back and stick around, this has to be a priority.
- Reduce the number of quick plays needed for a chest. Anywhere between 10-15 seems a lot more reasonable. If I am paying $10 for this DLC, at least make it not feel like an MMORPG.
- Develop at least one new weapon per class and give to DLC owners. This would help justify the current $10. I would prefer they drop the price to $5 or something, but that is unlikely.
What else would you like to see change? Let's try and give some constructive feedback. FatShark have made a lot of mistakes, but they've also made a fantastic game for $30.
© Post "A lot of backlash against the DLC, and some of it rightfully so. But let’s have some constructive criticism and discussion of how it can be improved." for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.