WHAT IS DRESS YOUR BEST?
Hey all! As Halloween quickly approaches and the time of spooky scary skeletons is upon us, what better way to celebrate than by playing dress up?
Dress Your Best is the Vermintide subreddit’s way challenging you to break out your creativity, old costumes, and maybe just junk you find at the bottom of your kitchen drawer and put it together to make a Vermintide-related costume!
The twist? We’re not looking for craftsmanship here, necessarily, so much as we want you to make us LAUGH! We’re looking for your best impressions of our favorite heroes (or villains) in the game using whatever you have at your disposal while staying faithful to the spirit of the umgak we all so adore over here (for example, making Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre out of a couch throw, a colander, and a water pistol).
Think Low-cost Cosplay: https://www.instagram.com/lowcost_cosplay/?hl=en
BUT WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
Glad you asked!
Grand Prize: You will win a pair of 1:1 scale fan-modeled and 3D printed dual Grobdrengi Tukaz axes provided by Reym 3D, and sponsored by Fatshark!
View the render here: https://imgur.com/5v8FgCs
Runner-Up: You will win a GW Skaven Assassin miniature sponsored by /u/j_sat!
View the mini here: https://www.games-workshop.com/en-EU/Deathmaster-Snikch
BUT I CAN’T SEW?
Good, you don’t have to! Again, we’re only searching for quality meme material here. Honestly, the more creative you are with your everyday objects, the more we’ll be impressed.
SO WHAT ARE THE RULES?
- Be tasteful and use common sense. Don’t show your naughty bits and don’t do anything to endanger yourself. You won’t win brownie points by actually setting yourself on fire if you dress as Sienna. We will, however, be very concerned.
- You must submit your photo to the subbreddit by November 2, 2018, 11:59 PM Eastern US Time and use the flair “Umgak”. Make sure “CONTEST” is somewhere in your title, please!
Here’s a time converter to help figure out when you should submit your photo in your time zone: https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
- One entry per person or group.
- You CAN enter as a group, you will just have to figure out how to share the prize between yourselves.
- Light photoshop or strange perspectives to get the correct “feel” for your costume is allowed. HEAVY Photoshop, is not. Remember, we’re looking for funny, not necessarily pro costume.
- Subreddit moderators and Fatshark employees are ineligible to participate.
HOW WILL WE BE JUDGED?
The mods are judging costumes based on this criteria:
- How hard you make us laugh. The funnier, the better. TOP PRIORITY.
- Whether your interpretation is recognizable.
- How creative your use of materials is. For example, making a mock blunderbuss with a vacuum pipe and squeeze horn will be favored more heavily than, say, finding a replica firearm.
Winners will be announced by November 12, 2018, 11:59 PM Eastern US Time.
Questions? Feel free to ask them below! 🙂
© Post "Dress Your Best—Umgak Costume Contest!" for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!