… and holy hell is it fun. I've been playing a few champion games a week now for about a month, somewhat disinterested in the game since all my friends had quit. After getting another friend into the game (and finally hitting 600 hero power!), I decided to try legendary difficulty.
- I did four maps with mostly the same group, we got a new 4th after every map.
- Patrols are no joke, holy shit. They're huge and I was clenching every time we had to sneak by. The one we were forced to take on was taken care of with four bombs thrown near-simultaneously.
- Bosses were a lot scarier, if only because it felt like you had to deal with a horde EVERY boss fight too.
- A good game could go to hell in the span of ten seconds. Like I was saying above, one of our maps we were halfway done with a chaos spawn when a horde spawned without music, we were overrun and dead in like 15 seconds.
- People died, a lot. The last map I played, festering grounds, we had like a total of 8 deaths through the whole map. One second we were four strong, then 3 dead/downed, then back to four over the course of a few minutes. It felt good being able to recover a map.
- The players were just generally good and felt a lot better than on champion. Even without voice/chat we were co-operative, handled resources well and called out EVERYTHING with pings.
- DD HM is so much fun. I literally feel like a dancer of death. I thought spear was the end-all, be-all weapon for her but I don't think I can switch off daggers
- I also got TWO REDS off a single general vault and I'm STILL super pumped holy shit: <
There were some weird spawns and some slight buggyness but the games felt really good overall. The difficulty felt… proper. Never did I think "holy shit this is impossible", even when all four of us were limping around with 1/5th grey health bars. I'm only like 60, 70 hours in but after that game I feel like I could easily put in another 700.
© Post "I Stepped my foot into legendary today…" for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!