As the subreddit grows and prepares for the release of Winds of Magic, we decided it would be a good time to clarify and expand on some of the subreddit rules. For the most part, these rules are the same, just with additional clarification.
- Remember the human. Would what you’re saying or how you’re saying it get you jumped in real life?
- Be respectful of your fellow redditors. Discrimination, bigotry, racism, and/or hostility directed towards players or communities will not be tolerated.
No discussion of exploits, hacks or piracy.
- Any submissions linking to hacks/exploits or explaining how to perform hacks/exploits will be removed. This includes Any% speedruns. Sharing exploits publicly will only make them more prevalent in public games. Report them to Fatshark instead.
- No links to pirated materials, including full, out of print publications. Small excerpts are allowed.
No "naming and shaming".
- The subreddit is not the place to complain about or make fun of specific players in your games. Alerting the community to the presence of cheaters/griefers playing in public games, however, is allowed provided that 1) there is sufficient evidence to support the accusation and 2) a moderator has pre-approved your submission via modmail. Submitting personal information, including your own, is never allowed.
Avoid low-effort posts or unrelated topics.
- Memes should feature content directly related to Vermintide. We don’t have super high standards here, but some Vermintide-related edited MUST be present.
- Unmodified generic images (Example: Scum Bag Steve, Philosoraptor) may be removed.
- Just because something contains a picture of a rat does not mean it should be posted to the reddit.
- Moderators have the final say on what is and is not “low-effort.”
If you're quoting a Fatshark statement, you must use their exact words and link your source.
- Either don't quote or do it properly. Saying "IIRC, Fatshark said…" is fine. No alternative names for redditors or developers.
- E.g. call the devs "Fatshark". You can also call them incompetent, lazy, cruel, etc. but we won't tolerate derisive alternative names for devs or fellow redditors on the sub.
- "Obese Megalodon", "FS", and the like are, of course, allowed.
Do not engage in toxic behaviour. 3 strikes and you're out.
- Your first offence will get you a warning or a one-day ban, your second offence will result in a one-week ban, and after a third you will be permanently banned. What is toxicity? We're not going to regulate every little flame war on the sub, but expect to receive a strike for sudden escalations in hostility or gratuitous nastiness. These consequences are the minimum to expect, not the maximum.
NSFW is allowed, but use common sense.
- NSFW must be flagged and not enter the realm of non-consent or brutality (there are other sites for this kind of content more suitable than this subreddit). NSFW material must have a modicum of “good taste”, and moderators have the final say on what NSFW is and is not acceptable for this subreddit.
- NSFW featuring underage depictions will NEVER be allowed.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Feel something could use more clarification? Throw 'em in the comments below!
Source: Original link
© Post "State of the Subreddit: Rules Clarification" for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.