Verm2 added critical strikes to make trait procs more transparent – somehow it became less transparent with the last few patches.
Verm1 has things like 7% to trigger Swift Slaying and 10% Regrowth on melee hit, or 20% to trigger Scavenger on ranged kill or 5% to trigger Haste on ranged hit… which meant that you had a bunch of percentages to think about. A popular mod added "trait clocks" so you could easily see when a trait was actually active.
Verm2 tries to simplify this concept with critical strikes. Every weapon has a 5% chance to trigger it's trait. This was likely done to make the whole percent system more transparent.
Well, this seemed like a good idea. EXCEPT that:
- Some careers have talents that increase the crit chance (Merc, Waystalker, WHC, Zealot)
- Shade and WHC have an extra +5% Crit Chance for no reason (both passives are nowhere mentioned)
- Pyro has a higher crit chance with more overheat
- Huntsman has a crit chance aura
- The WHC ultimate increases the crit chance for the team
- Crit Chance +5% is considered meta on Trinket
- More and more weapons (Exe Sword, 1h Axe, DD, S&D, Elven 1h Sword, Elven 2h Sword, DS, Crossbow) have an increased crit chance, but only on certain attacks
- Some traits (Swift Slaying, Scrounger) can only be activated every few seconds nowadays
The result? Instead of making the whole system more transparent, it even became LESS transparent. You essentially fish for crits, once again. The only difference is that the "trait clocks" are now built in into the game, in the bottom left corner (where you can easily check them during tough clutch situations, you know).
How can we rework this whole system? Can we make crits simple and easy to understand?
- Increase the basic Crit Chance to 10%
- Get rid of the Shade and WHC +5% Crit Chance
- Get rid of the WHC crit chance ultimate, replace it with temp HP regeneration on hit
- Replace the Huntsman crit chance aura with a Scrounger aura (crits regain 5% ammo)
- Get rid of all +5% crit chance talents and replace them with +20% crit power
- Get rid of the Crit Chance property (rework the Trinket properties in general)
- Get rid of the extra crit chance on certain attack types
© Post "Verm2 added critical strikes to make trait procs more transparent – somehow it became less transparent with the last few patches" for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!