I have kinda run into this thing where people communicate in-game via either microphones or using the chat to send information to other players and I figured it might be a good idea to start a topic to collect the "Verminslang" so people know what different words and acronyms etc mean.
Basic idea is to convey condensed information in a fast way, so instead of saying for example "Packmasters" it´d be easier to call out "packs" or calling "Gutter runner approaching you from the cliff on your left side" you could say "gutter up left" etc. I´ll list some that I´ve run into in public games and whilst playing with my buddies and hopefully this collective terminology would help people understand more about the game and it´s glossary. If I forget something please let me know so I can edit things to the list.
Enemies / Elites / Specials etc:
– Packmasters = Hookers / Grabbers / Packs
– Gutter runners = Gutters / Stabbers / Assas
– Warpfire throwers = Flamer
– Ratling gunners = Ratlings / gunners
– Rat Ogre = Roger
– Chaos Spawn = Spawn
– Stormfiend = Boss / Just stormer, I don´t have any good name for him 😀
– Leech = Leeches / Succ-bois
– Blightstormers = Blighties / Stormers / Caster (rarely used)
– Stormvermin = Stormies / Stormis
– Shieldvermin = Shieldies / Shieldybois / Cancer
– Poison wind globariers = Gasrats / Globas
– Big chaos warriors with armor = CW:s
– Big unarmored chaos warriors = Maulers
– Berserkers / savages = Zerkers / Zerks
– Plaguemonks = Monkies / Monks
– Bile Troll = Troll
Map / Items / Gameplay
– Bardin = Master Goreksson, the stunty one. One of the five classes in the game.
– Boss Swapped / Switched = A signal that a miniboss (rat ogre, chaos spawn, stormfiend, bile troll) swapped aggro to another player. For example "Elf, swapped" means the boss in question swapped his target to Kerillian.
– Bomb = Common word for the two variants of bombs. Firebombs and Bombs. Used to make explosions.
– Chokes / Chokepoints = Defensible positions used to funnel hordes into easily killable places, essentially kill-zones.
– Down, downed = Person who got downed, is slowly bleeding out and requires healing or death might come calling.
– Drops, drop-downs, points of no-return = Most maps have places where you cannot return after jumping down a certain location.
– Elf, Kerillian, Ker = The bi*ching one, one of the five playable classes in the game.
– FF = Friendly Fire. In reality isn´t. DO NOT SHOOT TEAMMATES, IT HURTS THEM AND IS A BAD THING.
– Grim / grims = Grimoires, hidden books that grant higher quality of loot at the end of the map, should the team survive.
– Grim-carrier = Some classes are arguably better at carrying grimoires than others, those classes are thus better suited to carry grims, examples are Ironbreaker and Foot Knight.
– Heals, Drinks, Healing Draughts, Draughts = Healing item that restores a set amount of hitpoints to the person who drinks it.
– Hold = To wait for a horde in a suitably defensible position, to wait as a team for something to happen. For example clearing a horde before a drop-down in order to avoid a known boss-trigger area.
– Kruber, Krubs = The Reliable one, one of the five playable classes in the game, comes with a moustache. The moustache is awesome. Thou shalt not dispute the awesomeness of the moustache lest you are deemed a heretic.
– Medpacks = Can be used to heal yourself or someone else, restores a set percentage of hitpoints while also cleaning wounds on the person using it.
– NB, regen = Natural Bond, grants a passive health regen but removes the ability to use healing draughts or medpacks on yourself. CAN still use medpack on someone else to clean a wound.
– Push = To move together as a team, gain map progress
– Salty, Saltz = Victor Saltzpyre, the Zealous as*hole one. One of the five playable classes in the game. Sigmar bless his ravaged body.
– Sienna / Wiz = Sienna Fuegonasus, the Burny one. One of the five playable classes in the game.
– Tome = Another loot item, picking one up and carrying it to the end of the map awards higher quality loot box.
– Pots / Pot = Potions, summary for speed, strenght or concentration potion.
– Temp hp = White hitpoints, temporary hitpoints, usually gained from character level 20 class ability which grants hitpoints per kills.
– Ult = Shortening for Career specific ultimate ability, for example Sienna´s Burning Head or Slayer´s Leap. "Lemme ult the boss off a cliff"
– White = White hitpoints, a "bleed-out state". You were injured bad enough that a team mate had to revive you. You are on temporary hitpoints, slowly bleeding out into 1 hit point. Use a healing item or die.
That´s some of the few ones in the game I know of. I am sure I forgot some of great importance so kindly post the ones I forgot so I can add them to the list. Thank you for your time and see you in-game!
© Post "Vermintide 2 vocabulary / glossary / terminology / khazalid" for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!