Monitoring the GPU and CPU usage, I can see that neither ever go over 60%, even when running on max. They're not thermal-throttling either, with the CPU sitting around 35-40C, and the GPU around 75C, with the max set to 90C.
Even when, for instance, waiting in the keep, I get extremely unstable FPS when just standing still. When actually playing a level, the FPS is also very unstable, with hordes absolutely killing it, sometimes dropping down to 30(!!!), but both CPU and GPU usage stay low, sometimes even dropping with the FPS (amazing, what a time to be alive!)
Moving my camera around reveals a huge amount of input lag too. (VSync is already disabled and frame stacking is set to 1)
Specs are as follows:
- Inno3D's iChill GTX 1080 Ti 11GB, running at 1408 MHz (5508 MHz mem clock)
- Intel Core i7 4820K OC @ 4.3GHz (old, but none of the cores ever get 100% usage in VT2)
- 32GB RAM @ 2400MHz, quad-channel
- Game installed on a Samsung 850 EVO
I have tried the following:
- Lowering the resolution to 1080p from 1440p; results in a minimal change in GPU usage but zero performance benefits
- Lowering the video settings all the way to "Lowest"; Nothing, absolutely no change in the FPS count, but both CPU and GPU usage are noticeably lower
- Updating my drivers; there was an update available, but it made no difference
- Capping my FPS higher; 90 results in an increased GPU usage (duh), but the FPS drops still happen, and the input lag is still huge, same with 120, 60 is what I default to.
- Disabling Shader caching in NVidia Control Panel; I did this because I read on some random online forum it might cause major slowdowns with HDDs – absolutely no difference
- Disabling fullscreen optimisations; nothing, but it seems like Windows might be ignoring this setting anyway, my start menu can still open over the game
- Running in DX11 mode; I always run in DX11 mode since DX12's performance is even worse
The best part? The game used to run smooth as butter in the beta. Not a single performance issue, no FPS drops, no input lag, nothing. It's been like this at least since 1.0.7, with the issue getting much, MUCH worse in 1.0.8.
I know I'm not the only one with performance issues like this, there are tonnes of threads online all over the place. Has this been acknowledged by FS? Are they working on it? Are we just supposed to wait and like pretend nothing is wrong?
I feel like leaving the game in such an unplayable state is really not acceptable for a full release and something should be done about it, with a much higher priority than the cosmetics or even dedicated servers!
© Post "When will something be done about the absolutely abysmal performance in this game?" for game Warhammer: Vermintide.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.