So there continue to be many (mis)conceptions about the performance of the tier 8-10 EBRs, and I wanted to have a data-based conversation.
Let me state a few things before I share the data:
- Many players are understandably frustrated that their wheels seem to absorb shells magically
- They're certainly harder to hit due to their speed
Regarding #1 above, keep in mind:
- Wheels can cause HEAT and HE to pre-detonate, resulting in no damage for the former and low damage for the latter
- The lower part of wheels do not cover the hull
OK, with that out of the way, let's look at the tank curves data.
TANK CURVES – EBR 105
Here's the tank curve for the EBR 105 for the last 30 days (green dotted line):
- Players at 52% account WR or higher see a slightly lower WR (e.g. ~-0.5%) in the EBR 105
- Players at 51% account WR or lower see a lower to much lower WR in the EBR 105
It is important to note that the WRs for tier 10 tracked lights is pretty poor, and that is likely due to the fact that tier 10 lights have a number of unusually negative characteristics, including:
- Long reload times, resulting in very poor DPM
- Poor accuracy
- Abnormally high penetration drop-off over distance
The EBR 105 is performing relatively better than the tier 10 tracked lights, but in general the EBR 105 is not meaningfully out-performing the driver's account WR – it's typically lower.
TANK CURVES – EBR 90
Here's the tank curve for the EBR 90 for the last 30 days (green dotted line):
- Players at 62% account WR see a 1% lift to WR in the EBR 90
- Players between 50-61% account WR see no lift to WR in the EBR 90
- Players at 49% account WR or below see a significant drop in WR in the EBR 90
Players complain about the EBR 90, but the data doesn't seem to support the belief that the tank is overpowered. Overpowered tanks typically have a +2-3% WR relative to the account WR, e.g. see Defender, Object 268 v4, AMX 13 57, etc.
TANK CURVES – EBR 75 FL 10
Here's the tank curve for the EBR 75 FL 10 for the last 30 days (green dotted line):
- Players between 50-63% account WR see a lift to WR in the EBR 75 FL 10 of 1-2% – this indicates it is over-performing. I personally regard this tank as overpowered due to its gun
- Players at 48% account WR or below see a significant drop in WR in the EBR 75 FL 10
The data does tend to support two assertions:
- EBR 75 FL 10 is overpowered, but
- It still sucks in the hands of below-average players
TANK CURVES – SUMMARY
- EBR 105 is outperforming other tier 10 lights, which suck as a class but it is not over-performing the account WR for pretty much all players
- Bad players do even worse in the EBR 90 and EBR 105
- EBR 75 FL 10 is over-performing – this is no surprise to me as the tank's gun is overpowered
WN8 EXPECTED VALUES
One thing I predicted months ago on this sub-Reddit was that the WR of the wheeled vehicles would drop over time.
I expected the WR drop over time for the following reasons:
- The playerbase that would initially play the wheeled vehicles (introduced at tier 6) were veteran players
- It would take time for players to determine counter-play against wheeled vehicles (e.g. don't fire HEAT at them, stupid)
I've been tracking every 2 weeks the WN8 expected values, and you can see how the expected WR values have dropped over time:
Source: Original link
© Post "Actual data on recent and historical performance of tier 8-10 EBRs" for game World of Tanks.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!