I see many people saying WG can't modify premium tanks for legal reasons. Here is a few things that you agreed when you started playing, at least with a NA account (i'm too lazy to compare each region terms).
NA end user agreement (EULA) states (paraphrased, not quoted) :
– you do not own your wargaming account, you do not own the "additional features" (ie. premium tanks)
– Terms such as "buy" and "sell" means granting or transfering rights to use Ressource, and not actual ownership rights.
– they can change, replace, remove access to or update the Content (anything non premium I suppose) at any time at their sole discretion.
– About Additional Features (which includes premium) : "Wargaming has the absolute right to manage, regulate, control, MODIFY and/or eliminate such Additional Features in its sole discretion, in any general or specific case, and that Wargaming as NO LIABILITIES to you on its exercise of such right". Later they say "We do not make any promises about how or when Additional Features may be available and can update or change Additional Features at any time".They could nerf your premium tank, just yours, just to stick it to you, and they would have the right to do so and you couldn't ask for refund or anything. They say it several times just to be sure.
– The same agreement says that basically nothing is refundable
– They do not warrant that product specification are complete, reliable, current or error-free (the actual thing can not be what you purchased two years ago).
– "Additional features" are subject to the EULA (just in case you believe premiums tank got other contract that applies. It doesn't). There is a whole section about it.
– It says a shitload of time that additional features are not refundable. Seriously, they said it like 6 times, sometimes even in caps or in bold letters. After intellectual property and trademark stuff, this is probably the piece information that is the most asserted.
– They can remove your access to any Additional Features without notice for any reason (not a surprise).
– All of the points above are true for all WG games. There is no specific legal rules for WoT. If you saw them nerfing premium in another game, it is because of the same framwork that rules WoT.
Non related to topic but interesting or funny :
– If you hack a premium tank and use it in game, your account will be blocked until you paid for it (not related to topic but I found it hilarious).- They don't have the right to accept or consider creative ideas, suggestions or materials unless they specifically asked for them (and if so, it is immediately their property upon submitting, and you won't be paid). So all the balance and tank ideas on this subreddit can't be used by WG. You're wasting your time.
Please stop using that argument they can't nerf a premium tank for legal reasons. They have every right to do so, and it is asserted multiple time in the End User Agreement you accepted. They don't nerf premium in WoT because it is their game design policy, not because they can't.
Source: Original link
© Post "“They can’t nerf premium tanks for legal reasons” : What the EULA actually says" for game World of Tanks.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.