I used to love this game but got fatigued with it. I haven't played consistently for about two years although about a year ago I played for a few days.
Here is what I learned:
- Lots of new HD maps. The game looks fantastic now.
- All tanks seem to be HD. Again the game looks great.
- Cool destruction physics.
- Arty is a bit less powerful.
- Loads of new tanks.
- Atrocious super-heavy tanks with no weak spots almost mandating gold round use
- Atrocious super-heavy tanks spamming large caliber HE rounds which is an incredibly one dimensional way to play and play against.
- Much more gold spam than before. This to me is the deal breaker of WoT as it now stands. Playing tanks with a bit of armor (but not super-heavies) one can very often just see all yellow in your hits received tracker. It feels unfair and it makes me angry. I think this is why I stopped playing WoT in the first place.
I think back to how WoT's used to be when I first stared playing it. Take for example the now maligned Tiger 2. This was a well balanced tank even with machine gun port weak spot removed. You had a weak lower plate, a weak hatch and a turret face which could be penned by some enemies but the face wasn't that large and was a tough shot at any range. To mitigate this, knowledgeable Tiger 2 drives would learn to angle armor, hide lower plates and even could hide the hatch a bit on right hand corners and could wiggle the turret and stuff, and you could side-scrape corners. It's involving and satisfying game play to participate in. Contrast this now with super-heavies which just derp HE center mass, players gold spamming at center mass, and a general trend to remove weakspots etc. and there is much less involvement for me. If anyone remembers armored warfare? One reason it failed was because at higher tiers game-play was frontally invulnerable MBT's slinging HE at each other. It's incredibly boring.
I've moaned before about gold rounds and was told the usual crap: 'they are in the game', 'anyone can buy them', 'they are necessary', but like I said, they feel unfair to me. I don't even care to define them as P2W. When I get spammed with gold I feel like something unjust is happening to me and I never get that feeling in Warships or War Thunder to same degree. I don't even care about some of the map design in WoT. It's the gold rounds – and the way WG have encouraged a gold round meta with their design choice – which means WoT will probably go back in its box and be placed back in the attic for me, maybe to take out once again on a rainy day in a year to so to see if anything has changed.
© Post "What I learned after coming back to the game after more than one year away." for game World of Tanks.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!