If you are like me, then you have seen the posts on the forums, on reddit, and in trade chat about the portals being removed in 8.1.5. While I can't personally revert those changes, I can give you some help on how to adapt to them in a way that will save you the most time.
As for the list of portals being removed, here they are:
- Caverns of Time
- Dalaran Crater
- Wyrmrest Temple
- Vale of Eternal Blossoms
- Hellfire Peninsula
I will go over each one with the most optimal travel routes so you can still get to these locations without much added travel time. I will also go over a few items in game that can alleviate some of the issues of not having these portals.
Caverns of Time:
- Whether you want to run the old dungeons, or want to farm Dragon Soul for the 100th time so you can get that elusive mount, the Caverns of Time portal has been used by players for years. But how will we get there now? The good news is that Blizzard left the Cataclysm portals in tact in Stormwind/Orgrimmar. Using the portal to Uldum, you can fly to Caverns of Time. Timed with 310% flight speed, you can reach the entrance in about a minute of travel. Also, you can port to Shat from SW/Org and go to the World's End Tavern. Speak to the Keepers of Time npc Zephyr to be ported to Caverns of Time (Requires Revered with Keepers of Time).
- This portal in the bottom of Legion Dalaran has been quite useful for those of us farming Rivendare's Charger, and getting to Arathi to farm the rares when the opposite faction has control. There are actually a couple of options here. If your faction controls Arathi, great! You can take the portal and go about your business. If not, here are 2 solutions. First, you can take the Twilight Highlands portal and fly north. With 310% flight speed, this flight took me about 1 minute longer to get to the first rare spawn in Arathi that can drop a mount. Secondly, mages can actually learn the portal to Dalaran Crater by purchasing the Ancient Tome of Portal: Dalaran from Endora Moorehead in Dalaran(Northrend). Befriend a mage that has this for a quick port! If you are Horde, you can take the portal to Undercity from the Zepplin tower in Org also.
- Whether you need the Fiery Warhorse, or want to get to ZG and farm the mounts, the Karazhan portal in Legion Dalaran has been insanely useful. But I have a couple of workarounds. If you go to where the Blasted Lands portal was in SW/Org, you will find a mage that will port you to Blasted Lands for free. From there fly west to either Karazhan or ZG. By doing the Return to Karazhan questline, you can acquire a ring called Violet Seal of the Grand Magus that will allow you to teleport to Karazhan every 4 hours.
- Short and sweet, either take the SW/Org portal to Dalaran(Northrend), or use the Dalaran Teleport ring, Ring of the Kirin Tor.
Vale of Eternal Blossoms:
- Now I thought this one was gonna be a doozy. But after testing everything I came to the conclusion that Vale is still by far the best location to set your hearthstone. It still has a port to SW/Org so you can get back fast if you need to. But this will also allow you to easily get around Pandaria without traveling from the new portal locations.
Set Hearth in Vale.
- Another short and sweet one. Talk to the mage next to where the old Blasted Lands portal used to be for easy access to the Dark Portal.
Now onto some useful items that I recommend to anyone looking to get around Azeroth fast.
- Ring of the Kirin Tor: Teleport to Dalaran Northrend every 30 minutes. Purchased from Harold Winston in the JC shop in Dalaran.
- Enchanter's Wrist enchant: Cooled Hearthstone. Reduces the CD on your hearth. Only applicable by Enchanters.
- Guild Cloaks: Shroud of Cooperation, Wrap of Unity, Cloak of Coordination. All can be purchased from any guild vendor. Teleports you to Stormwind. Cooldowns of 8, 4, and 2 hours.
- Engineering Teleports: Ultrasafe Teleporter Gadgetzan, Wormhole Generator Pandaria. Can be made by engineers to use to teleport.
- Argent Crusader's Tabard: Teleports you to the Argent Tournament grounds. Costs 50 Champion Seals.
- Potion of Deepholm: 1 minute CD, made by Alchemists. Used to teleport to Uldum where there are portals to SW/Org.
- Ruby Slippers: Drops from Opera event in old Karazhan. Extra hearthstone. Note this does share a CD with your hearthstone, but it is fun to roleplay Wizard of Oz.
While this is not a comprehensive list of all teleport items, these are the ones I found most useful in my Mog/Mount farming runs.
I hope this guide can help you adjust to the portal changes coming in 8.1.5.
Source: Original link
© Post "How to get around in Azeroth post 8.1.5 portal changes:" for game World of Warcraft.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.