Tadaa! The megathread no one asked for! Well, actually a couple of people were wondering about it… Anyway, here we'll aim to collate all of the most relevant info from the livestream into an easily digestible data chunk.
, for anyone who just wants to watch it.
No specific release date! "Fall" is all we get.
Beta releasing next week!
Opt-in for Beta Invites here (scroll to near the bottom for the opt-in button)
The scene opens on a stunning view of John Hight's beautiful face, as he sits serenely in front of the Shadowlands backdrop we have all become familiar with. He begins by… jk 😉
- Coronavirus has been tough on us all, but Blizzard have adapted pretty well to the challenges of remote work.
- Confirmed release in Fall! No specific date.
- BETA NEXT WEEK!
- Opening of Ahn'Qiraj coming soon in Classic! Excite!
- Check out this cool Collector's Edition! Sweet loots inside.
A swift cut to Ion!
- Recap of stats from Alpha.
- Ion-senpai has his team check reddit for feedback :O
- No keyed access to Torghast. Period.
- Beta next week should be functionally feature complete.
- Cap up to 60.
- First peek at endgame systems.
- Lots more invites!
Specifics on Beta:
- Recap on known info on Soulbinds/Conduits
- Progress Covenant through "Renown", not an AP grind.
- Info on Sanctum (class-hall like), restoring structures
- Each Covenant has a transport network in their zone
- Each Covenant has an anima network to activate parts of zone for WQs and other stuff. Changes the world around you.
- Each Covenant has a scouting map, mission table doodad – trying to add depth to it for "offline" gameplay, very different from old style
- Each Covenant has their own individual 4th structure with minigamey things:
- Revendreth: Ember Court: Host parties?
- Bastion: Path of Ascension: Inhabit soulbind and do trials
- Maldraxxus: Abomination Factory: Build-a-Bomination for buffs?
- Ardenweald: Queens Conservatory: Farm up souls
- Designed to add lore and fluff – not a "srsbsns" system
- Theater of Pain dungeon is coming, non-linear experience
- Max level Maw zone, more "Timeless Isle/Mechagon" structure, inhospitable and can't stay long
- Maw in Motion
More things coming over Summer:
- Castle Nathria raid testing
- SL M+ testing, keystone vendor for testing
- SL Season affix coming later
- Legendary Runecrafting – base items player-crafted! Much more focused on player agency than Legion
- Four separate Covenant campaigns, similar in scope to War Campaign
- Focused PvP testing with all systems enabled
- Character copies, end-to-end testing leveling through
- Lots of polish, iteration and tuning
- Tuning is the last thing done, focusing on shoring up conceptual foundation of fun and excitement
- For example, Pally Ardenweald ability is not salvageable, so remaking it from scratch.
Source: Original link
© Post "Shadowlands Livestream Recap (July 8th)" for game World of Warcraft.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.