Shadowlands is offering unparalleled levels of player customization, which makes it all the more frustrating that the glyph system has received no new updates or ideas in the beta. Blizzard has more than a decade of models and assets they could apply to the glyph system – here’s a place to start.
P.S. Blizzard if you are watching please feel free to steal any/all of these ideas, I do not mind at all
- Glyph of Hulking Command: Your Raise Dead spell now summons an skeletal orc.
- Glyph of Massive Command: Your Raise Dead spell now summons a skeletal tauren.
- Glyph of Tiny Command: Your Raise Dead spell now summons a skeletal gnome.
- Glyph of Bwonsamdi’s Favor: Your Raise Dead spell now summons a skeletal Zandalari.
With Raise Dead returning to all specs in Shadowlands, it makes sense to have ghouls exhibit a little more variety.
- Glyph of Sanguine Power: During Vampiric Blood and Dancing Rune Weapon, your runeblade glows red.
- Glyph of Icy Power: During Pillar of Frost, your runeblades glow blue.
- Glyph of Sacrilegious Power: During Summon Gargoyle, your runeblade glows green.
These three effects would be similar to the Void Edge enchant, but recolored.
- Glyph of the Umbral Beam: Your Eye Beam and Fel Devastation are tainted by void energies.
- Glyph of the Burning Beam: Your Eye Beam and Fel Devastation are tainted by fire energies.
- Glyph of the Argent Beam: Your Eye Beam and Fel Devastation are tainted by holy energies.
- Glyph of Dark Immolation: Your Immolation Aura burns with shadowy flame.
- Glyph of True Immolation: Your Immolation Aura burns with bright orange flame.
- Glyph of Goldrinn’s Power: Your critical strikes with Starsurge manifest a spirit of Goldrinn to seek your target. This is a now-defunct effect from the Balance druid artifact weapon.
- Glyph of Xavius’s Heresy: Your Entangling Roots are tinged red from the Nightmare’s corruption.
- Glyph of Insect Swarm: Your Sunfire now calls a swarm of insects to attack the target. Damage and other effects are unchanged.
- Glyph of Eonar’s Power: Your Rebirth now causes wildflowers to bloom around the target.
- Glyph of the Old Ferocity: Reverts the sound effects of many of your Cat Form abilities.
- Glyph of the Lurking Turtle: Your Aspect of the Turtle now has a camo pattern.
- Glyph of Sturdy Chains: Your Freezing Trap is replaced by steel chains that bind the target.
- Glyph of Sturdy Rope: Your Freezing Trap is replaced by a net that covers the target.
- Glyph of Shadra’s Cunning: Your Freezing Trap now wraps the enemy in a spider’s cocoon.
- Glyph of Light’s Relief: When you Disengage, a spark of Light pushes you backwards.
- Glyph of Void’s Relief: When you Disengage, a drop of Void pushes you backwards.
- Glyph of Arcane Relief: When you Disengage, a mote of arcane energy pushes you backwards.
- Glyph of Mechanical Relief: Your Disengage is now spring-powered. Ingenious!
Hunters come from every corner of Azeroth, so it makes sense that they can rely upon their race’s unique background to help them out in a pinch.
- Glyph of the Queen’s Knowledge: Your Evocation now draws upon the latent arcane magic that surrounds you. The spell effect of the Azshara’s Font of Power trinket.
- Glyph of the Precise Bolt: Your Arcane Missiles now directly seek the target along straight lines. The old spell effect for Arcane Missiles.
- Glyph of Arcane Fire: Your Combustion now wreathes you in purple flame.
- Glyph of Local Transport: Teaches you Teleport: Hearth, returning you to <hearthstone location>. Speak to an Innkeeper in a different place to change your destination. 30 minute cooldown. Shares a cooldown with other similar effects.
- Glyph of Winter’s Embrace: Your Icy Veins now coats your body in an arctic chill. An ice-blue version of the current corruption effects.
- Glyph of Frostfire: Your Flurry spell now mixes frost and fire together. Damage and other effects are unchanged.
- Glyph of the Inebriated Taunt: Your Provoke now throws an empty mug at the target.
- Glyph of Stupor: Your Paralysis now instead throws an extra-strong brew to the target, knocking them out cold. Duration and other effects are unchanged.
- Glyph of the Kindred Spirits: Your Storm, Earth and Fire spirits now all retain your current transmog appearance.
- Glyph of Blackout Strike: Your Blackout Kick is now performed with your two-handed weapon. Damage and other effects are unchanged. Requires a two-handed weapon to be equipped. With Blackout Kick returning to all three monk specs, this allows monks with 2H weapons to retain the old animation.
- Glyph of Argus’s Protection: Your Guardian of Ancient Kings now summons a draenei Vigilant.
- Glyph of the Loa’s Protection: Your Guardian of Ancient Kings now summons a Zandalari protector.
- Glyph of An’she’s Protection: Your Guardian of Ancient Kings now summons a tauren ancestor.
- Glyph of Ancient Knowledge: Your Holy Light and Redemption spells now call upon an ancient scroll instead of a book.
- Glyph of the Exarchs: Your Holy Light and Redemption spells now call upon a crystal from the naaru.
- Glyph of Purest Light: Your Blade of Justice now acts like an Exorcism, purging the evil from your target in a burst of light. Damage and other effects are unchanged.
These glyphs should allow paladins to feel like they have a closer connection to their own race’s unique traditions.
- Glyph of A’dal’s Guidance: Your Spirit of Redemption now assumes the form of a naaru.
- Glyph of An’she’s Guidance: Your Spirit of Redemption now assumes an incarnation of An’she.
- Glyph of Elune’s Guidance: Your Spirit of Redemption now assumes an incarnation of Elune.
- Glyph of Shadow’s Elevation: Your Levitate now uses a dark cloud.
- Glyph of Unknown Terrors: When you Psychic Scream, nearby enemies see a brief glimpse of… something horrific.
- Glyph of Deep Shadow: Your Vanish cloud is replaced by a dark purple haze.
- Glyph of Mechanical Ingenuity: Your Vanish cloud is replaced by a flurry of harmless mechanochickens.
- Glyph of the Fine Filcher: You automatically /flex after a successful Pick Lock.
- Glyph of Arcane Guise: Your Distract takes the form of a pulsing arcane beacon.
- Glyph of Holy Guise: Your Distract takes the form of a remarkably realistic-looking Lightwell.
- Glyph of Void Guise: Your Distract takes the form of an adorable little void monstrosity.
- Glyph of Bottoms Up: You now drink your Crimson Vial from a good, stout tankard.
Like hunters, these glyphs should allow rogues to feel closer to their own race’s background.
- Glyph of the Familiar Form: Your Ghost Wolf now takes the form of a creature from your race’s homeland.
Draenei: Argus talbuk
Kul Tiran: Horse
Dark Iron Dwarf: Lava scorpid
Highmountain Tauren: Mountain Cat
Zandalari: Feathered Raptor
- Glyph of the Playful Elementals: Your Earth, Fire, and Storm Elementals now call upon the spirits of Pandaria.
- Glyph of the Savage Elementals: Your Earth, Fire, and Storm Elementals now call upon the spirits of Draenor.
- Glyph of the Mountain: Your Earth Elemental is now called forth from the Molten Core.
- Glyph of Lokholar’s Blessing: Your Earth Elemental is now formed from ice.
- Glyph of the Luminous Elemental: Your Earth Elemental is now formed from violet crystal.
- Glyph of the Mojo Imp: Your Imp now wears a… tiki mask? Where’d he get that?
- Glyph of the Hellhound: Your Summon Felhunter now brings forth a Burning Hound.
- Glyph of Arcane Infusion: Your Voidwalker is now formed from pure mana.
- Glyph of Fel Infusion: Your Voidwalker is now formed from green fel energies.
- Glyph of Matronly Command: Your Summon Demonic Tyrant now brings forth an Imp Mother.
- Glyph of the Hellish Infernal: Your Summon Infernal is now wreathed in orange flame.
- Glyph of Five Eyes: Your Summon Darkglare now brings forth an armored Beholder.
- Glyph of Faction’s Pride: When you Rallying Cry, you brandish an Alliance/Horde flag to inspire your allies.
- Glyph of Furious Speed: Your Charge and Intercept now leave a dust trail in your wake.
- Glyph of Final Victory: When you land a killing blow with Execute, a pool of blood seeps out from underneath your target’s corpse.
- Glyph of the Weaponmaster: Your Shouts now cause your weapon appearances to swap to a random weapon from your bags.
- Glyph of Savagery: Your critical strikes with Execute are now extra bloody.
- Glyph of Infinite Anger: When you activate Avatar, you call upon your rage to turn red.
Source: Original link
© Post "You want customization? Here are 72 glyphs that Blizzard could add to the game from existing assets." for game World of Warcraft.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.