So taking data straight from maple syrup lets look at what ships kill the most planes on average per match to get a relative idea of which ships are crushing it with their AA and which are not.
Source: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/ShipAvgList/ShipAvgList.html . I'll be using the last week of data from NA server specifically. I'll only be using data from ships with at least 100 players for the sake of sample size. (24+ battles per player per week on average so that's 2,400+ battles minimum). I'll be listing top 10 surface ships per tier. The easy to use/read flash version linked doesn't have the French Nation, but every value I double checked via the text version with all ships was accurate so I researched and added the French in manually, rip me. Text version here: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190420/na_week/average_ship.html
This should be considered a general idea as this is only one week of data and stats can fluctuate from week to week. You can easily verify however that these ships show up at the top end of the plane kills over multiple weeks consistently so while their exact positioning in the top 10 of their tier may fluctuate week to week these are still the strongest performing ships regarding killing planes.
Only listed 4 because the rest were below 2 plane kills per game on average. Yubari specially included despite not meeting player count numbers as the sole "AA ship" of T4. However when looking at multiple months of data the Yubari is quite consistent in getting 5-6 plane kills per game on average.
- Yubari – IJN CA – 5.96 planes killed per game on average.
- Wyoming – US BB – 3.39
- Kaiser – German BB – 2.89
- Orion – RN BB – 2.87
- Texas- US BB – 6.34 planes killed per game on average.
- Okt Revolution – Russian BB – 5.54
- Kongo – IJN BB – 3.95
- Emile Bertin – French CA – 3.77
- Bretagne – French BB – 3.57
- Iron Duke – RN BB – 3.50
- Nicholas – US DD – 2.71
- Koenig – German BB – 2.63
- Mutsuki – IJN DD – 2.58
- Emerald – RN CA – 2.35
- Dallas – US CA – 5.59 planes killed per game on average.
- Queen Elizabeth- RN BB – 4.84
- Pensacola- US CA – 4.49
- Fuso – IJN BB – 3.77
- Dunkerque – French BB – 3.74
- La Galissonniere – French CA – 3.71
- Aoba – IJN CA – 3.30
- Leander – RN CA – 3.20
- New Mexico – US BB – 3.07
- Admiral Graf Spee – German CA – 2.81
- Atlanta- US CA – 7.76 planes killed per game on average. (Statistically, 12th highest plane kills of any ship listed)
- Lyon – French BB – 6.89
- Gneisenau – German BB – 6.65
- Helena- US CA – 6.18
- Sims – US DD – 6.01
- New Orleans – US CA – 5.69
- Colorado – US BB – 5.52
- Nelson – RN BB – 5.49
- Myoko – IJN CA – 5.38
- Nagato – IJN BB – 5.27
Listed 1 more since the Massachusettes sisters got solidarity here.
- Kidd- US DD – 11.01 planes killed per game on average. (highest plane kill average period lol)
- Massachusettes B – US BB – 10.74
- Massachusettes – US BB – 10.12
- Alabama- US BB – 9.35
- Amagi – IJN BB – 8.0
- North Carolina – US BB – 7.99
- Richelieu – French BB – 7.75
- Cleveland – US CA – 7.28
- Baltimore – US CA – 7.25
- Akizuki – IJN DD – 6.82
- Atago – IJN CA – 6.12
- Seattle- US CA – 8.54 planes killed per game on average.
- Jean Bart – French BB – 8.42
- Missouri – US BB – 8.09
- Neptune – RN CA – 8.03
- Azuma – IJN CA – 7.92
- Alaska – US CA – 7.48
- Iowa – US BB – 7.02
- Alsace – French BB – 6.22
- Buffalo – US CA – 6.04
- Saint-Louis – French CA – 5.88
- Stalingrad – Russian CA – 7.64 planes killed per game on average. insert Balancedgrad joke.
- Minotaur – RN CA – 7.45
- Worcester – US CA – 7.37
- Montana – US BB – 6.32
- Grozovoi – Russian DD – 5.98
- Yamato – IJN BB – 5.90
- Republique – French BB – 5.76
- Salem – US CA – 5.65
- Henri IV – French CA – 5.62
- Moskva – Russian CA – 5.61
- Des Moines – US CA – 5.48
- Grosser Kurfuerst – German BB – 5.25
T10 plane kills seem to under-perform compared to T9 and especially T8. I have no ready explanation for this other than prevalance of being uptiered for T8/T9 relative to T10 allowing them to face lower tier planes more often. I took a brief glance and was not seeing any significant differential in plane HP vs AA damage for on tier ships. If someone else sees something they can prove mathematically by all means let me know.
I believe the lesser amount of planes shot down in T4/T6 can partially be explained by lower squadron sizes. While I personally think lower ranges at lower tier create a greater feeling of helplessness for many ships it's also true that Squadron sizes are dramatically smaller than higher tier CVs. In T10 squadrons sizes are typically 9 or 12, in T8 it's 8 or 9, in T6 it's 6 or 9, and in T4 it's 3 or 6.
T4 specifically would also have lower numbers because of the lack of fighters to shoot down.
Unsurprisingly the US are dominant in the plane kills, however the French also had good representation. More surprisingly is that IJN showed up a good amount.
If you believe a ship should have made top 10 in it's tier it prolly didn't have 100 players for the week. Check here and find it's name in the list: http://maplesyrup.sweet.coocan.jp/wows/ranking/20190420/na_week/average_ship.html . If I missed something let me know. Same thing goes for any mistake you find. I am not perfect, this took alot of work so mistakes are possible and verifiable corrections are always appreciated.
EDIT: Corrected the Minotaur to be the proper nation, it is not a US ship lol. Brain, why you do this? Also corrected Atlanata to Atlanta. The Atlanta just wanted to sound a little fancier and bribed me with vodka to add the extra a. But the jig is up, i'm sorry Atla bae.
Source: Original link
© Post "A look at AA effectiveness per tier by the stats." for game World of Warships.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.