I know that throughout multiple posts it was mentioned that CV rework will continue through 0.8.4 and I would like to ask if we get some kind of schedule / plans for finishing the CV rework.
I, myself, play CV , XPed 2 reworked lines (with a bit of FXP help) and I enjoy the general gameplay. I XPed also German T7+ dds since 0.8.0 and I did not mind CVs in my game, they can be outplayed since rocket planes nerf except for HE bombing.
However, playing a CV now feels like punishment – yesterday I was called out in freaking COOP just for playing a CV trying to do quickly Daily chain. Playing in random means high chance of being automatically reported or called out just for playing a CV (regardless what you did or did not). This is a toxic atmosphere CV and non-CV players simply do not deserve. Playerbase needs to know what will happen next and grows impatient.
While the overall damage feel ok I think, there are still major issues which are brought up again and again and as a CV player I must agree:
– Early game spotting (should be fixed in 0.8.4)
– Extensive efficiency of HE bombs against dds (bug is fixed but it did not solve the issue)
– Extensive continuous spotting (especially of dds)
– AA feels irrelevant, not influenced by surface ships players, and players feel like being NPCs in CV games
– Games tend to end in blobbing up
– AA feels random for CVs as well – when attacking it feels like lottery if your planes managae the drop, especially when escaping away from surface ship – there are no visible flaks but planes die like flies, islands blocking AA also feels random …, sector switching feels too passive, UI elemt is distracting and annoying – Ctrl + click was much better
– Fighters – squad launched and surface ship launched feels completely random – sometimes it chases enemy for half a map, sometimes locks immediately, some times does not lock on squad at all and ignores it even when it is in range – feels broken and RNG
A few of my suggestions:
– delay on battle start is being introduced in 0.8.4 – add also a delay between possible launches, call it preparation time or something – example when I launch a torpedobomber, I cannot launch other squad for next 45 seconds (? time TBD)- i.e. when my squad dies immediately because I fucked up, I need to wait till I can launch another squad – this would help with extensive overall spotting and suicide runs, but when played well it would not affect CV player at all
– rework the fighter consumable to be targetable on a friendly ship to guard it or to enemy squadron directly to attack it, increase the cooldown but let the total number of fighters and cooldown be shared among all squads
– Manual AA skill should change the behaviour of AA – instead attacking random plane in squad it would always apply continuous damage on mos damaged plane in a squad – this would mitigate the situation when you deal 10 000 plane damage to attacking squad and shoot down 0 planes and it would make it very potent skill for AA ships
– Make player input into AA more relevant and interactive – but I have no idea how … direct AA control would be too distracting
Thanks for reading.
Source: Original link
© Post "CV Update – Fix / Balancing Schedule / Plan" for game World of Warships.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.