The current in-game camouflage for HMS London is roughly correct in terms of shapes, but misses quite a few details and most importantly uses the wrong colours and the wrong colours on the wrong location. Using research by Trainspite and myself, I managed to correct the camouflage as much as possible using the scarce pictures that are available of that ship in that period. While it is not 100% accurate, it is way more accurate than the original camouflage.
Changes and sources:
- adjusted the colours from dark-green, light-green and grey to the very likely correct colours G10-B30-B55 (or dark-grey, medium blue, light blue). The colours are sourced from the (excellent) work of Alan Raven and this snippet from
a report on a navy/airforce-exercise. executed on September 15th 1943 (report dates from January 1944).
- colour-values were sourced from page 15 of
- adjusted the shapes of the dark patches on the hull to better match the pictures (exhibit
- added a missing patch of medium-blue on the forward port-side of the bridge and forward superstructure, as well as enlarging an existing patch on the port side of the bridge.
- relocated the patch of B30 on the starboard side of the bridge to better match the original picture.
- recoloured the entire second funnel so it matches the photos.
- recoloured the starboard housing for the torpedo mounts.
Compromises that had to be made:
- the rolling doors that close off the torpedo-mounts are a shared asset in the file, and are thus the same both port & starboard. I chose to make the starboard side correct, which means the port-side has a wrong door.
- the turrets idem. They all have a different pattern in real life, but the game uses the same file for all 4 turrets, so the historical camouflage couldn't be added there. Turrets A and B have a B55 starboard side, with A also having port in B55, with B having a G10 port side. X and Y turrets seem to have a starboard side painted entirely in G10, though the photos aren't clear on that one. The port side on the other hand, Y is B55 again, while X has a diagonal cross with B55 and G10.
The raw files can be downloaded HERE. It consists of 2 .dds files containing the camo-info, a readme and a text-file containing the colour-codes for pasting into the camouflages.xml of the current version. Since I'm not that tech-savvy, I can't make a proper mod out of it that updates nicely with each update in WoWS.
I hereby kindly invite mod-makers or mod-stations to implement the camouflage in their camouflage-mods or modpacks.
Source: Original link
© Post "[Mod]Historical camouflage for HMS London as it was in September 1943." for game World of Warships.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.