Let me start by saying this, take everything I say with a pinch of salt. My source knows an insider at Dice LA who is involved with playtesting. My source has not seen or played the game. Now I know this sounds like "my friend's uncle's cousin works at Nintendo" so take that as you will. I personally have no idea if what I am about to tell you guys is true and I have no way of verifying it. Also my source has never leaked anything to me before either but I trust them and don't believe they have any reason to lie. We will know the truth once the game is officially revealed.
Battlefield 2021 is indeed set in 2030s but that alone doesn't describe the setting well enough. The world is more or less destroyed by weather altering technology and a second cold war between US and Russia. You do play as soldiers from "fallen nations" like Tom Henderson claimed. These fallen nations are the primary setting of maps in the game. The setting of the maps will have either a "war torn", "post-apocalyptic" or "destroyed by natural disasters/reclaimed by nature" look to them . Not all fallen nations have a map in the game. Each fallen country is allied to either US or Russia. For example, Japan, South Korea and Israel are allied with US. China and Iran are allied with Russia. My source insisted on this and says that Tom Henderson is wrong about this. The game will launch with 13 maps with an additional map set to release a month later. All of the maps are set in Eurasia. They are set in Central/East Europe, Middle East and East Asia. Middle East and Europe are more heavily featured. None of the launch maps are set in North or South America, Africa and Russia. US and Russia don't fight directly against each other on any of the maps. Players can pick from a multitude of different factions from each side on each map. Not all factions will be available for each map though. All the maps are primarily designed around 128 player conquest.
- No vehicle spawn screen. You gotta go to a vehicle to get it. You will automatically be switched to a vehicle specific class once you enter them. This does not apply to transport vehicles.
- Conquest is a bit different now. You still capture and defend points, drain tickets and spawn on your captured points. But there are a multitude of side objectives that pop up during the course of the match. These objectives pop up when a certain ticket count is reached for each team but they appear in a random order during each match. Multiple objectives appear the same time. My source did not specify what all of these objectives would be but they were told about some of them. Completing these objectives gives you points and advantages. For example, there is a hacking objective where you hack a device and it reveals enemy player location on a big chunk of the map around that device. The enemy can disable and even destroy this objective. There is another objective where you capture intel from a designated location in enemy area and bring it back to a designed area near your flags. This intel will reveal information about how many enemy players are are on each of the surrounding flags and which flags are marked for attack/defend. It will also give you timer for when each vehicle will spawn of these flags. This is all timed. There is another objective where you get a flag(a literal flag) and you can plant it in one of multiple designated spots. This becomes a new mini conquest point for you where you can spawn on and it affects the ticket burn rate. The enemy has to capture it to make it disappear. There is another objective where you plant an explosive on an enemy conquest flag and it will temporarily make it disappear. This means they can't spawn on it and it doesn't help them with ticket bleeds. The bomb site usually appears on enemy "give me" flags. The bomb is timed so the enemy can diffuse it. This objective allows a few players to take over a capture point with many more players. There are more side objectives. They are suppose to make each round very dynamic.
- Assault, Engineer, Support and Recon will all return as classes but each class will have multiple subclasses that will have different gadgets, perks and/or guns. Not all the classes have the same number of subclasses. Assault has 2 subclasses while Support has 4. The subclasses each play different roles on the battlefield.
- They have tested 4 players, 5 players and 6 players squads.
- They have tested limiting squad spawning on squad leader only.
- Spawn screen will show the number of players on your team in each class and subclass. They have tested putting a upper and lower limit on the number of players in each class.
- Attrition system and squad revives are gone from Battlefield 5 are gone. Only medics can revive. There is a defib charge up time before a revive like Battlefield 4. But you can't revive a player before this and players will always be revived in 100% health.
- Squad spawn screen from Battlefield 4 makes a return.
- Game will feature weapons all the way back from Cold war era to prototype weapons that are in development right now.
- The game will feature powerful weapons and gadgets as battle-pickups on the maps. They will always be in fixed locations on the maps.
The battle royale is being developed by Dice LA and is targeted for launch sometime in March 2022.
Again take it all with a very small pinch of salt. Lynch me online if all of this turns out to be bullshit.
Source: Original link
© Post "Battlefield 2021 Unverified Leak" for game Battlefield 5.
Top 35 NEW PC Games of 2021
Looking for games to play on PC? Here are all of the new PC games to pay attention to throughout 2021.
Top 20 NEW PS4 Games of 2021
PlayStation 4 game releases aren't slowing down in 2021. Here's everything worth looking forward to.