This is another follow-up to a project
/u/noctyrnesaga and I have been working on.
Symthic forums are dead (for now), so all FTK-related posts will be exclusively on reddit for now.
- Beta Charts
- Launch Charts
- Overture Charts
- TTK 0.5 Charts
- Lightning Strikes Part I Charts
This measures the time to kill of every gun in the BFV in frames (assuming 60Hz, one frame = 16.66ms), using 100,000 samples of 15 round bursts across a variety of ranges. If a gun does not have 15 rounds in the magazine, it assumes a burst length equal to magazine size.
If you just want to see what weapons to use, skip to the bottom.
How to read the charts, and other notes:
- The hitrater assumes perfect control of vertical recoil, aimed at center mass.
- Each picture has four charts are concatenated into one. The top two charts are for aimed down sights fire, and the bottom two are for hipfire.
- The left two charts measure the gun with full upgrades on the left side of the specialization tree (hipfire upgrades, rapid fire, etc.).
- The right two charts measure the gun with full upgrades on the right side of the specialization tree (ADS accuracy upgrades, etc.).
- FTK: Frames to kill. To get TTK (time to kill), just multiply numbers by 16.66. Represented in colors, designated on the right side.
: Expected frames to kill. A value factoring in average time to kill and the probability of the 15 round burst actually killing the target.
: Average frames to kill. A value that is the mean of all the instances where the gun actually killed.
- Frequency: The number of times a gun killed, out of 100,000 (100K).
- MMG (MG34, MG42) charts show zoomed bipod (ADS while bipoded) on the ADS charts, zoomed hipfire (hold RMB from the hip) on the hipfire charts. Unzoomed hipfire basically cannot kill at all, and is useless data.
- Important note: Overture charts compared to launch are not 1:1 for hipfire. Because 4BTK was only 9m long at launch, the range axis on hipfire charts was set to 8m, 11m, 15m, etc. Now that 4BTK was increased to 10m, the range axis is now set back to 5m, 10m, 15m, etc.
- I will now start bolding the links to the guns that received changes in the latest patch.
For more gun statistics and discussions, go to the new Symthic forums:
Personal thoughts and opinions about BFV guns, based off the Overture update:
Most of my thoughts from my previous posts still stand.
- The ZK-383 and KE7 received completely unwarranted nerfs to their horizontal recoil.
- Before this patch, the ZK-383 (with Light Bolt) was a more accurate Thompson with a bipod and without a large magazine or a possible hipfire buff, but now, it basically requires barrel bedding to remain relevant. Without barrel bedding, it's just a worse Thompson that does pretty much everything worse. Only use the ZK-383 with the Extended Magazine path now, use the Thompson instead of the Light Bolt path. Even when considering what the bipod brings to the table, I don't think the increase in horizontal recoil was necessary, given the very situational value of the bipod compared to the utility a large magazine and the hipfire upgrade the Thompson offers.
- The KE7 was already a versatility pick that clearly lost to the FG42 from close-medium and the Bren at medium-long range. An additional nerf was unneeded. While a case can be made for a nerf to its ease of use, a nerf to its horizontal recoil was unneeded. The nerf isn't incredibly impactful, but it certainly wasn't super necessary.
- The Gewehr 1-5 received a nerf to its headshot ability (can only HS + BS to 10m now) and its max damage (40 to 36 damage), so the charts will not show any changes. It is still very good.
- The MAS-44 and Turner had their maximum damages decreased (45 to 40 damage), and the MAS-44 had its headshot ability decreased to match the Turner (HS + BS from 35 to 30m), so charts will not show any changes. They are still very good.
My recommended picks:
A ever-fluctuating ranking list by me and
/u/Prizyms will be
here (current WIP with the new update).
- MP34 LRRR for ranged use
- Suomi RLLR for maximum 1v1 cancer
- MP28 RLLL for bigmag hipfire
- No versatility pick until the Lanchester RRRR/Patchett RRRR drop
- FG42 LRRR for assault rifle use
- Bren RRRR for ranged use
- Lewis Gun LRRR for bigmag pubstomping
- MG42 RLLR for dolphin diving on people
- MG34 RRRR for 200m rubble camping
- Chauchat RRRL when it drops to do everything
Assault (almost every weapon is excellent):
- MAS-44 LLLL for all-around use
- Turner LLLR for destroying groups
- AG m/42 LLLR for shooting people in the face at all ranges
- 1907 RLLR for spraying people to 50m
- 1916 RLLR for supine prone camping in bushes
- M1A1 RLLL instead of non-1907 assault rifles
- 1906 LLLR for actually being useful as a scout
- Model 8 RLLR for aggressive play
- Krag LLLR if you're Stodeh
Source: Original link
© Post "Battlefield V Lightning Strikes: Part III Frames-to-Kill (Time-to-Kill) Charts and Analysis" for game Battlefield 5.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!