I have been playing Battlefield competitively for 10 years now, and have hosted over 500 online events (not matches), and now 1 offline event with 7 years of running
What I deeply miss while playing Battlefield V, is having a game mode I can keep coming back to, and that I enjoy. Squad Conquest is alright, but I feel it doesn't hit the mark, especially for "public" play, and it isn't as accessible as some claim for new players.
The goal of this post is to initiate a constructive discussion and provide suggestions for creating a 5v5 version of Domination in Battlefield V. While the main purpose of this game mode is to use if for competitive play, making it accessible to new players is key. Ideally having it as either 5v5 or 8v8 max in regular servers.
Below you will find detailed images showcasing the vision behind this project, detailing suggestions for a good number of maps.
The main idea here is to provide easy to work with solutions for the devs, so that making this happen wouldn't take away too much of anyone's time and not force them to redesign everything from the ground up. I hope that if this post gets enough support, DICE will consider making this a reality.
Note: This was mainly worked on this past summer, but I felt this was a good time to finally show everyone. A lot of maps have released since then, feel free to post your own ideas!
Note 2: There's a 20 image limit on reddit posts, so I have included dropbox links to certain images so that everything would be in one post.
- Too much water separating the flags forces players through specific routes.
- B Bridge shouldn’t be used, teams controlling AB or BC can see too much of the map and can camp on top.
- Flags could be slightly closer together.
- Avg Distance between Flags: 101m
- A-B: 107m
- B-C: 94m
- C-A: 103m
- Boats fill the canal, like stepping stones for extra crossing opportunities.
- No main steel bridge being used.
- Bridge access closed off and second/third floors of buildings around A and B are shut off via their respective stairs as detailed below.
- Note 1: Yellow stairs mark areas that need to be restricted. They are shown in more detail further down
- Note 2: If the indicated areas can’t be blocked, at least making them “out of bounds” would solve the problem as well. This map would play very poorly otherwise with a lot of these areas accessible.
Key Areas to Restrict: (In yellow, you will find key areas that need to be restricted and stairs to block off in order to do so.)
Rotterdam Restricted Areas 1:
Rotterdam Restricted Areas 2:
Rotterdam Restricted Areas 3:
- A Flag verticality not ideal.
- Distance between flags a bit too big.
- Avg Distance between Flags: 114m
- A-B: 118m
- B-C: 105m
- C-A: 121m
- Reduced direct lines of sight between flags, increasing close-quarter engagements
- Flags closer together
- B is way too isolated and distant from A and C
- Flags too distant between each other.
- Avg Distance between Flags: 113m
- A-B: 115m
- B-C: 115m
- C-A: 108m
- 1 or 2 non-destroyed buildings added between BC and AB for extra cover and removal of certain long-distance lines of sight.
- Some permanent cover/possibly sandbags added on B flag
- Flags too distant from one another
- A-C high road is too elevated
- Avg Distance between Flags: 95m
- A-B: 83m
- B-C: 106m
- C-A: 96m
- Linear flag placement makes random spawns and rotations unconventional for the mode at hand.
- This makes the experience not ideal for players as matches can become very one-sided very quickly.
- Avg Distance between Flags: 134m
- A-B: 121m
- B-C: 119m
- C-A: 163m
- B would need some extra cover added to it (sandbags, concrete anti-tank blocks, etc.)
Aerodrome C Flag Overview:
- B is too far away from the rest of the action.
- Squad Conquest has a good area selected however flag placement isn’t ideal.
- Avg Distance between Flags: 140m
- A-B: 132m
- B-C: 140m
- C-A: 148m
- Similar to the current Squad Conquest layout but with Flags slightly moved around and boundaries pushed out for added flanks and taking into consideration random spawns.
Fjell A Flag Overview:
Fjell B Flag Overview:
Fjell C Flag Overview:
Note 2 (repeated): There's a 20 image limit on reddit posts, so I have included dropbox links to certain images so that everything would be in one post.
Thank you if you made it this far and read everything!
Source: Original link
© Post "Battlefield V – Making Domination viable for 5v5 team play" for game Battlefield 5.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.