We have a new patch rolling out to you tomorrow morning (Tuesday 4th June – UTC).
This patch is targeted at a few small fixes that didn't make it into the previous update.
Unlike our recent updates, we're going to have a 1 Hour Downtime, per platform during this weeks update. This will happen in sequence alongside the deployment of each patch and will allow us to ensure our Servers are in good order.
- PC will go offline for approximately one hour at 0800 UTC
- PS4 will go offline for approximately one hour at 0900 UTC
- Xbox One for approximately one hour at 1000 UTC
So what's in the update? The full Patch notes from Jaqub and the team are below, but with this update we've been able to achieve the following:
- We've fixed the APCR Specialisation for the Boys AT. It wasn't working properly when used against Tanks and you should see that this has been rectified when the update goes live. (Thanks to everyone who reported this –
/u/LOLRememberarbitur was the first thread we caught on this one)
- The Tromboncino's progress was inadvertently tied to the Commando Carbine when it debuted, and those folks who had already progressed to a certain level with the Commando Carbine were finding that they couldn't set, or reset their specialisations. Fixed that. (Thanks to @DLVittorio on Twitter for flagging this alongside others)
- Three Firestorm fixes. We've now made it so that if some cheeky beggar quits whilst downed, their loot will now drop, rather than exit the server with them. We've also fixed Platform 9 and ¾ in the Firestorm Hanger – folks will no longer be able to exploit the geometry and reach the map earlier (big thanks for everyone's patience whilst we stamped that out). Parachute draw distance has also been improved on the drop, so you should have less problems identifying how many are dropping with you
- We also believe that we've reduced the instances of crashing in Spectator Mode
Something that we wasn't able to work into this update was a resolution to the Stuttering issues encountered by Players. I chatted with the teams about this last week, and our Engineers believe that they're making good progress on the problem. We'll have more updates about this the instant that we can provide them. For now we just wanted to ensure that you understood that we view this as a High Priority for us to fix, but will not be addressed as a part of Update #5.
Freeman // @PartWelsh
Hey Battlefield V players, and welcome to this service update.
This is a smaller update that fixes a few high priority issues, and adds content for the upcoming Tides of War missions whilst we get to work on the next update.
Thank you for playing and see you on the Battlefield!
Producer, Battlefield V
Weapons, Gadgets, and Specializations
- Fixed an issue with a Boys AT Rifle Specialization which would cause it to do an incorrect amount of damage.
- Fixed an issue which made it impossible to reset Specializations.
- Players should now properly get the assignments tied to weapon progression. Previously, players could run into issues where they were not awarded properly.
- Firestorm – Players that leave the server will now drop their inventory on the ground.
Maps & Modes
- Firestorm – Fixed an exploit that would let players land on the map earlier than other players.
- Firestorm – Increased the draw distance of other players’ parachutes, making it easier to see where they’re heading from longer distances.
- Improved stability of Spectator mode.
As always, we value your input, and we want you to reach out to us with feedback. For general feedback, please use our Battlefield V section on the Battlefield forums.
Should you encounter any issues or bugs we recommend that you report them on our
Battlefield V – Answers HQ forum.
You can also reach out to our Battlefield multiplayer producer David Sirland and Battlefield LIVE producer Jaqub Ajmal on Twitter if you have any further topics that you would like us to write about in future blog posts.
As always, we hope to see you on the battlefield and we look forward to the journey that Battlefield V will take us on through the Tides of War!
David Sirland and Jaqub Ajmal, on behalf of the teams at EA and DICE.
Source: Original link
© Post "Battlefield V Tides of War Chapter 3: Trial by Fire Update #5 Notes" for game Battlefield 5.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.