Battlefield V – Update 6.0 Notes
For our first update of the New Year, we’re bringing plenty of brand new content to Battlefield V, all of which will be available for you to unlock and play with this Thursday at the start of Chapter 6: Into the Jungle.
First, there’s a brand new map to play with – Solomon Islands. Deploy in this brand new Jungle environment that’s made by the original creators of Argonne Forest, and Operation Locker. Solomon Islands features plenty of intense choke points and deep flanking routes, all seamlessly connected by a winding river that runs throughout the length of the map.
We’re also adding new toys to the Battlefield Sandbox. Three new Weapons are available to Unlock – the Type 11 LMG, the Model 37 Shotgun, and the M2 Carbine. There’s also 2 new gadgets to play with – the M1A1 Bazooka and the long awaited Lunge Mine.
For this chapter, all of these new Weapons and Gadgets will be available to unlock via Chapter Rank Rewards, making them accessible throughout Chapter 6 for players who work their way up the ranks. Make it all the way to Rank 40, and you’ll unlock a brand new Elite – Misaki Yamashiro.
Later this chapter, we’ll also have more news on two brand new elites – Steve Fisher, and Akira Sakamoto.
Below I’ve detailed out some additional changes, and fixes that are also delivered in this update, with many more to follow in Update 6.2, including a substantive revision on our current Weapon Balance.
Welcome to the Jungle.
FreemanBattlefield Community ManagerTwitter: @PartWelsh
- New Map: Solomon Islands, available on Conquest, Breakthrough, Squad Conquest, and Team Deathmatch
- New Weapons: Type 11 LMG, Model 37, M2 Carbine (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
- New Gadgets: Lunge Mine, M1A1 Bazooka, (available via Chapter Rank Rewards)
- Removed the impact of track disable on initial acceleration. This allows for tanks with disabled tracks to escape; however, medium and high speed performance are still heavily impacted.
- Increased the critical angle from 10 to 20 degrees to better match the visual feedback of having a good angle on an opponent. It was too difficult to tell if you were going to get a critical hit, this increases the margin.
- Increased the range of the AA and AT HMGs to match the coax.
- Fixed Panzer 4 AT round only having 4 shells.
Maps and modes
- Mercury – Players spawning on tanks will no longer unintentionally end up on foot.
- Operation Underground – Fixed a rare bug that could stop the attacking team from spawning on Breakthrough.
- Outpost – The player no longer remains stuck if the tower is destroyed while the player plants it.
- Wake Island – Decreased the number of tanks to improve map balance on Breakthrough.
- Wake Island – Players will now be able to deploy even if their squad gets wiped during the last sector on Breakthrough, while playing as the US.
Weapons & Gadgets
- Grease gun – We’ve made some subtle tweaks to the Suppressor audio to better separate it from the experience when firing the weapon unsuppressed.
- AP Mine – Fixed an issue that was causing the AP mine to not do damage to infantry in Firestorm.
The following changes have been applied to the bolt action rifles muzzle velocity on the Recon class:
- Ross Rifle: From 600 to 750
- Type 99: From 600 to 750
We’ll be performing a more substantive pass on our Weapon Balance in our next update for Assault, Medic, and Support. Thank you for all of your feedback on this topic.
UI & Others
- Spotted enemies are no longer represented as arrows on the minimap and do not show the direction (they're now back to diamond shapes).
- An option to modify the strength of snap zoom has been added for players on Console.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the “Vehicle Buster” combat role to not unlock for some players.
- Fixed a bug that would show the Deploy screen visible on squad screen after leaving pre-round.
- Fixed the incorrect wording in the Type 2A Mastery IV assignment.
- Online server connectivity improvements that in some rare cases could drop a player from a server 30 seconds after joining it.
As always, we value your input, and we want you to reach out to us with feedback. For general feedback, please use our
Battlefield V section on the Battlefield forums or join us on the Battlefield V subreddit and Discord.
Should you encounter any issues or bugs we recommend that you report them on our Battlefield V – Answers HQ forum.
You can also reach out to our Battlefield Community Managers on Twitter if you have any further topics that you would like us to write about in future blog posts.
Source: Original link
© Post "Battlefield V – Update 6.0" for game Battlefield 5.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.