today I want to share with you some details about upcoming game modes in Battlefield V.
As always please be aware of the fact that this info was datamined by myself and therefore things can still change till release.
5v5 mode (unknown name, scheduled for Tides of War Chapter 4)
Before each match the squad leader has to nominate a "doctrine" for his squad. Doctrines are basically Special Forces from the WW2 era and determine what kind of commandos and bonuses will be available to your squad.
Doctrines I could gather:
- SAS Raiders (Great Britain): "Who Dares Wins"
- Army Rangers (USA): "Rangers Lead the Way"
- Devil’s Brigade (USA / Canada): no details
- Volksgrenadiers (Germany): "Tapfer und Treu"
- MSK (Germany): no details (MSK seems to be the "Marinestoßtruppkompanie")
- Decima Mas (Italy): "Memento Audere Semper"
The doctrine confirmation is done by the other squad members. The squad can confirm the doctrine or select a new one with a majority vote. The leaders can change their vote.
Some doctrine logos from the game files
Each doctrine comes with three bonuses for your squad. Here is a list of all currently implemented effects:
- Blast Armor: Incoming damage from explosives is reduced by 33%.
- Tenacity: Health regen is faster and heals to full.
- Recon Plane: A recon plane that spots enemies it flies over can be purchased with requisition.
- Bipod Expertise: Bipods can be deployed while crouching.
- Increased Throwables: Starting number of grenades is increased by one.
- Expert Tracker: Spotted enemies remain marked on the map for two additional seconds after breaking line of sight.
- Increased Munitions: Starting ammunition for all gadgets is increased.
- Fast Fortifications: Fortifications can be constructed with the build tool in half the usual time.
- Intestinal Fortitude: The last living squad memeber gains the ability to squad reveive regardless of chosen kit.
- Supply Drop: Airdropped ammunition and medical supplies are available for purchase with requisition.
- Squad Deploy: Squad spawns can be purchased with requisition.
- Artillery Strike: Artillery Strikes can be purchased with requisition.
- Vehicle Incendiary: Tanks purchased with requisition are equipped with incendiary weapons.
Classes & Kits
Now every squad member has 30 seconds to choose a class / kit for the fight. These kits seem to be a mix between our current class combat roles and the former more specialized archetypes.
Official game info: "KIT SELECT: Select a specialized Commando or bring a soldier from your Company."
List of the currently available kits:
- Raid Captain
- Control Captain
- Range Assault
- Shock Assault
- Combat Medic
- Trauma Surgeon
- Combat Engineer
- Combat Sniper
There is also a random option if you don't care at all. Only one captain and one vehicle driver can be present in a squad.
You can gain a very high amount of requisition points to buy reinforcements during matches for spotting, spoofing, reviving, healing and providing ammo to encourage class specific gameplay and teamwork in your squad.
Important: This mode comes with a deactivated buddy revive system.
Every kit has special traits and equipment. Here are some special gadgets:
- MMG Emplacement
- Double Barrel Flare Gun
- TN17 Radio Jammer (spoofing / counters probably a recon plane)
- Panzerbüchse 39 (Anti Tank Rifle)
- Breaching Charge
- M1A1 Bazooka
- Type 89 Knee Mortar
- Anti Tank Shaped Charge
The game mode features one active vehicle per squad. Right now only four tanks are implemented:
- Panzer 38t
- Panzer IV
Each vehicle has a special variant for every doctrine (e.g. Volksgrenadier Panzer 38t or Army Rangers Staghound).
The 5v5 game mode features new maps according to one developer on twitter. Some of the names have already been leaked and they are tagged as exclusive for this mode. I'll guess they're just placeholders at the moment but they already tell you something about the setting. Unfortunately I can't give you a lot of insights:
Provence map for the 5v5 mode
Personal Note: Loading screen like picture already leaked.
Personal Note: A developer already tweeted about this one ("we're not done with Norway"). Could be a fraction of the Firestorm map or maybe some parts from the war story campaign.
Personal Note: A modified version of Aerodrome or parts from the war story?
Wikipedia: "British commandos of the Small Scale Raiding Force made two raids during the Second World War on the lighthouse, following the German occupation of the Channel Islands in 1940. The first raid, Operation Dryad, took place on 2–3 September 1942 and the seven keepers were taken back to England as prisoners of war."
Personal Note: Could have a Heligoland vibe if you remember the map from BF1.
Personal note: Probably not the standard Rotterdam we know.
To balance the results a match consists of two rounds per map so every squad can be attacker and defender.
Internal Sub Game Modes
Please be aware that this is not team deathmatch. Here are the modes you will play against the other squad:
- King of the Hill
I guess maps will be focused on only one game mode.
In "Holdout" the attacking team has limited time to raid two supply caches in a sector. Each secured cache grants the squad one point. The other team earns points by defending the supply caches. If the time is up or both caches got raided the match progresses to the next sector of the map. The match winner is the squad with the most points in the end.
Other game modes
Official description: "Wreak havoc and fight over strategic locations in this chaotic twist on the Conquest game mode."
Official description: "Tanks against tanks in all out war: Hold the majority of the flags and eliminate enemy tanks to win."
Squad Conquest Tournament
Three rounds per map, still 8v8, can't say much more about that. No official description available.
Right now that is all I'm able to get from the client since game mode data is really a nightmare to process.
I'd love to read some of your thoughts in the comments since the 5v5 mode with its own maps and gameplay mechanics is definitely not just a weekly experience.
Thank you for your support and have a nice day!
Source: Original link
© Post "BFV Data Mining – First 5v5 Game Mode Details: Doctrines (Army Rangers, Volksgrenadiere, …) and unique Class Kits explained | Tank Superiority & Squad Conquest Tournament on the Horizon" for game Battlefield 5.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.