what better way to start the week than with some news and updates from the game files?
It took me quite some time to gather all this data so I hope you're enjoying the information flow.
Now let's get started.
US and Japanese factions arrived (secretly)
DICE took first steps towards individual factions for the Pacific and implemented the US and Japanese as seperated parts in the company. Take a look at this image to understand what happened behind the curtain:
Internal Battlefield faction system before and after patch
Before the patch we had just Allies and Axis depicting UK and Germany. These parts were internally renamed to "Allies – UK" and "Axis – Germany". Though not visible DICE additionally added "Allies – US Pacific" and "Axis – Japan" next to the existing factions.
Note: The faction titles in the second part of the image were done by myself because the internal names ("Allies – US Pacific",…) are just too long. We'll see what DICE is going to choose in Tides of War Chapter 5.
- We'll probably get separate soldiers / loadout options for the new factions (not surprising but quite a few feared that DICE would stick to a big "Allies" and "Axis" pool).
- Restricting models, weapons, gadgets or vehicles to certain theatres of war is now (of course) an option – feel free to speculate to which extent this is going to be the case.
- It is interesting that they've added the "Pacific" suffix to the US faction. Probably necessary because one "big" US faction for both Pacific and Europe would allow you to use all of their equipment in both theatres of war.
Firestorm: A Respawn System is being worked on
Photoshop Example of a Respawn Event Message
The recent patch shows some significant signs in various files that DICE is working on a respawn system for the squad and duo (yeah I know…) version of Firestorm.
- It is connected to a public event (location) so you have to go there and capture it
- Players get a message on their screen that Respawn is available
- "Squad Spawn" sounds like you just spawn like in regular multiplayer (so no advanced stuff like getting back into the game via an additional airdrop)
Mercury: Combat Zone & Assets
Mercury Named Locations
I've read a lot of questions about the actual combat area of Mercury after posting the complete minimap a few days ago.
While I am not able to exactly track it down I think the named locations give you a pretty good idea where you will be engaging other players.
The image features roughly 85% of all location names (I skipped some roads for example and a few places overlap)
Mercury Game Modes:
- Squad Conquest
- Team Deathmatch
DFS 230 model
Ingame model of the DFS 230, a German transport glider operated by the Luftwaffe in World War II. It played a significant role in the Battle of Crete and will therefore be featured as a non-usable asset on Mercury.
A dolphin model straight from the files for the new map. Maybe we can even swim with them…
Grand Operation Greece
It is no surprise that we'll get a new Grand Operation with the launch of the second greece map ("Marita"). Here is the structure:
- Day 1: Marita (Frontlines)
- Day 2: Marita (Breakthrough)
- Day 3: Mercury (Conquest)
- Day 4: Mercury (Final Stand)
Game Mode "Invasion": A Grand Operation Alternative?
"All out warfare: Defend your resources and destroy the enemy resources. Destroy enemy resources while protecting your own. Eliminate enemy troops and resources to win." (Ingame Description)
- Classified as an "Overall Gamemode" like Grand Operation
- 32v32 players and two rounds per map
- Airborne seems to be part of it (maybe round 1 / day 1)
- Second round / day features a conquest-breakthrough mix where you have to capture objectives and (after some time?) they're permanently yours
- Seems to have a "carry over" mechanic (like Grand Operation) to get a bonus for round two if you do well in round 1
I don't know if this is just another temporary game mode or (just speculating here because it's a "meta" game mode) an tighter alternative for Grand Operation coming to the Pacific maps in Chapter 5.
New Squad Reinforcement
A new squad reinforcement is called "High Altitude Reconnaissance" and "Spots both Teams". It's probably a call-in airplane (non-usable) with a spotting camera flying over the target zone and it surely has some "recon plane" vibe which we'll get for 5v5 mode.
Models of unreleased equipment – because why not?
- Type 89 Knee Mortar
- TN-17 Radio Jammer
- Hawkins grenade
- Model SLd Flare Pistol
- The remote controlled Goliath Sd.kfz 303 (unfortunately with unfinished tracks)
That's it for today, please feel free to share your thoughts in the comments.
Thanks for your support and have a nice day!
Source: Original link
© Post "BFV Data Mining: US & Japan arrived (secretly), Firestorm is getting a Respawn System, Mercury Map with Named Locations & Grand Operation in Greece, New Squad Reinforcement plus Invasion Game Mode Details | Bonus: Images of Five Unreleased Gadgets" for game Battlefield 5.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!