Here's a megathread for the upcoming maintenance that will bring us Update 3.0.1 & the Next-Gen-Patch (PS5 & Xbox Series X|S only). All posts about the maintenance & next-gen-patch will be redirected to this thread.
Downtime will begin when this thread is one hour old. Some features of third party apps (like DIM) could be disabled right now.
Game Downtime is 1 HOUR (until DAILY RESET). Maintenance will take another hour after that to complete.
Most of the time the game is (more or lessContacting Destiny servers…) playable during the ongoing Maintenance after the Downtime is over
Patch & Patchnotes should hit at DAILY RESET as well.
Please note that maintenance isn't fully over until one hour after reset, which means third party apps (like DIM, and your beloved
A highlight of this patch is free Next-Gen-Support for PS5 & Xbox Series X|S, for all those lucky enough to snag one. Here is what you can expect (please read this article for all details):
|Feature||Xbox Series X||PlayStation 5||Xbox Series S|
|120hz Crucible Support||Supported*||Supported*||Not Supported|
|Field of View Slider||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Faster Load Times||Yes||Yes||Yes|
* For supported platforms, 120hz Crucible requires a 120hz compatible display. When enabled, Destiny 2 switches to 120hz, lowers resolution, and lowers some advanced graphics settings upon entering a Crucible match. All other modes remain at 4k/60fps.
Please note that affected consoles are required to basically re-download the entire game as soon as the patch is available:
- Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB
- PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB
- Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB
- PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB
- Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB
There has been no indication that deleting the game has any benefit, so keep it installed and just let it copy the patch over it!
Other Patch Notes preview
Dungeons – Prophecy
- The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
- Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
- This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora's waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player's class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the "Survivor" medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the "Untouchable" medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Icefall Mantle
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle's description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
- Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris's perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Necrotic Grip
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being "Killed by the Architects."
- The lift tubes in the Warden of Nothing strike fully drain Super energy.
- The "Wanted: The Fanatic" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating the Fanatic in the Forsaken campaign.
- "The Hit List" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating all the Barons in the Forsaken campaign.
- The holograms from looped emotes, such as the Luxurious Toast and Feline Fancy emotes, disappear and leave players in a static position after the first loop ends.
- The Adored Sniper Rifle cannot be reacquired from the Collections.
|7:00 AM PST||1500 UTC||Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is scheduled to begin. Some Destiny Companion features may be unavailable on Web, Mobile, and Third-Party Apps.|
|8:00 AM PST||1600 UTC||Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 will be brought offline for expected maintenance. Players will be removed from activities and won't be able to log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 until 9 AM PST on December 8. Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 will begin rolling out across all platforms and regions.|
|9:00 AM PST||1700 UTC||Players will be able to log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2. Players logging into the game may be placed in a queue, and may experience sign-on issues as background maintenance is still ongoing.|
|10:00 AM PST||1800 UTC||Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude. Console players who encounter issues updating to Update 3.0.1 should restart their console and try downloading the update. Players who observe issues should report to the |
Timezone convertor for Guardians in need.
Sub News: New Flairs available!
Unfortunately due to reddit limitations you can only see them on "old" reddit, sorry 🙁 (due to other issues, like the TWAB not loading properly on "new" reddit, we always recommend to use "old" reddit on Desktop browsers).
Source: Original link
© Post "Destiny 2 Next-Gen-Patch & Maintenance Megathread [2020-12-08]" for game Destiny 2.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.