This week at Bungie, we prepare for next gen.
It’s been a while since we last spoke. I mean, it hasn’t been too long. We took a quick week off for holiday, but we’re back to the grind. There’s a bit to catch up on. Since the last TWAB, new Exotics have been discovered throughout Europa. Banshee has found new memories. The Deep Stone Crypt has been infiltrated. A dinosaur was sent into space.
Quite a few of you have been asking about raid statistics. It’s always fun seeing how many players took on the challenge for a completion during the first week. We dug through our databases and found some fun stats to share, and we’re happily surprised by how many of you completed your first ever Jacket Quest.
Day 1 Stats |Last Wish |Garden of Salvation|Deep Stone Crypt| |–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–| Unique Raid Activity Clears|4|551|29,814|
Launch +10 Days Stats |Last Wish|Garden of Salvation|Deep Stone Crypt| |–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–| Unique Raid Activity Clears|3,555|33,152|258,049| Total Player Hours|2,185,983|2,807,504|7,156,651| Total Kills|338,667,495|446,461,881|1,100,488,566| Total Deaths|32,734,027|42,676,699|85,008,596|
A final fun fact: Over 979,680 Guardians unlocked The Lament since the quest went live. That’s a LOT of sword damage.
Now that we’ve covered the time that’s passed, let’s get back to business.
Light Keepers – Charity Update!
Earlier this week we kicked off our
We also announced our charity milestone rewards, one of which you’ve already unlocked. In case you missed it, say hello to the concept art of our upcoming Dawning 2020 Titan universal Ornament.
If you’d like to chip in a few dollars for charity,
$250k – Dawning 2020 Titan universal ornament concept art
- (You've already smashed this milestone)
$500k – Dawning 2020 Warlock universal ornament concept art
$750k – Dawning 2020 Hunter universal ornament concept art
$1 million – Dawning 2020 Legendary Reward preview
Every $100k after reaching $1 million – Guest lore reading
For the full schedule of featured streamers, head on over to the Game2Give website to learn more.
Return of the Banner
With the raid done and dusted, Lord Saladin is ready to get Guardians back into the Iron Banner. This will be the first Iron Banner to feature Stasis powers, so we’re all excited for what’s to come.
For any New Lights out there, Iron Banner is a limited time 6v6 Crucible activity with Power-enabled combat. While artifact power is disabled, you’ll want to infuse and equip your most powerful gear before jumping in.
Similar to Control, there are three zones on the map for your team to capture. The more zones you hold, the more points you get when defeating Guardians. If your team is brave enough to capture all three zones, the opposing team will be locked out of capturing zones for a short duration. In other words, this is your time to shine while your enemies cower in fear.
To say it clearly, capping those zones is one of the most important things you can do. Stay close to your teammates, slay your enemies, and enjoy the spoils of victory!
Lord Saladin can be found in The Tower, offering Iron Banner bounties with pinnacle-powered rewards. If you’d like to adorn your Guardian in Iron Banner-themed loot, he’s got you covered. Two weapons from the first year of Destiny 2 have been reprised, now featuring random rolls! Additionally, the Iron Will armor set is making its return, updated to accept new combat mods.
Iron Banner begins at 9 AM on December 8, running through 9 AM on December 15.
Truth be told, you’ll be downloading an update right before Iron Banner becomes available. You know what that means? It’s time for a patch note preview.
It's All in the Patch… Notes
December 8 can’t come soon enough. In just a few short days, next-generation enhancements will be coming to Destiny 2! In case you missed
Feature |Xbox Series X |PlayStation 5|Xbox Series S| |–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–| Resolution|4K|4K|1080p| Framerate|60fps|60fps|60fps| 120hz Crucible Support|Supported|Supported|Not Supported| Field of View Slider|Yes|Yes|Yes| Faster Load Times|Yes|Yes|Yes| Cross-Generation Play|Yes|Yes|Yes| Next-Generation Upgrade Free|Xbox Smart Delivery|Yes|Xbox Smart Delivery|
For all details concerning our next gen enhancements, click here!
Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 has quite a bit more under the hood. The team has been working on some bug fixes for issues found around launch, but we also have a few promises to keep. Let’s dig in.
Dungeons – Prophecy
The Prophecy Dungeon will be returning to Destiny 2 on December 8, 2020.
- This endgame activity is free to all players.
- Powerful rewards may be earned from each checkpoint once per week.
- Players may complete the dungeon once per week to obtain a pinnacle-powered reward.
- Previously featured weapon and armor rewards are available once more.
Destiny Companion App – Bounties
Beginning next week, players may acquire bounties from Destiny 2 vendors using the Destiny Companion App.
- Bounties may only be acquired when players are Offline, In Orbit, or in The Tower.
This will be introduced through a Companion App update, which is planned for December 8, 2020.
- Stay tuned to @BungieHelp for more on this Companion App update.
New Light – Resolved Issues
- Fixed an issue with the New Light subclass quest where Ikora's waypoint was suppressed.
- Fixed an issue where veteran players with two characters of the same class were blocked from acquiring their subclasses.
- Fixed an issue where a step on the New Light pursuit was not granting experience.
- Fixed an issue where players who skip the Shotgun chest in the first mission did not receive Special ammo when the Shotgun was granted.
Monument to Lost Lights
- Fixed an issue where the waypoint on the Exotic Archive Vendor continues to flash for players who own all Exotics.
- Badges and Armor in Collections correctly select player's class.
- Fixed an issue where the UI would forget which page the player was on after previewing an item in Collections.
- Fixed a bug where some new armor mods had incorrect sources listed in Collections.
- Updated the mercy rule for Control and Clash to prevent it from triggering too early in the match.
- Fixed an issue where the "Survivor" medal could be awarded to players who were defeated during the round.
- Fixed an issue where the "Untouchable" medal could not be earned.
Beyond Light Exotics
- Fixed a bug where the Icefall Mantle's description did not mention the slow field it generates when activated.
Mask of Bakris
- Improved the readability of the visual effects when another player wearing Mask of Bakris shifts directly toward you.
- Updated the description string of Mask of Bakris's perk to correctly describe its damage bonus, which applies only to combatants and affects all Arc weapon damage and all damage against slowed or encased enemies.
- Additionally, fixed an issue where this damage bonus was applying to players who are slowed or encased in Crucible and Gambit.
- Fixed an issue where being killed by the effects of Necrotic Grip would show as being "Killed by the Architects."
We’ll have a full list of patch notes ready to go on December 8 when the patch becomes avaailble for download. Speaking of availability…
Player Support Dream Team
With every patch, many of you ask what time you should set your alarm to in order to wake up for the fresh update. How long should you spend eating breakfast before hopping online? At what point should you shake your fists in the air because you forgot to set your console to auto update? Destiny Player Support has most of the answers we’re looking for. Some you may have to answer on your own!
This is their report.
Today, December 3, background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 will begin. Below is a timeline of events:Загрузка...
- December 3, 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 3, 2PM PST (2200 UTC): Destiny 2 background maintenance for Update 3.0.1. completes.
- December 8, 7 AM PST (1500 UTC): Destiny 1 and 2 maintenance for Update 3.0.1 begins.
- December 8, 8 AM PST (1600 UTC): Players are removed from activities in Destiny 1 and 2 and won't be able to log back in until 9 AM PST when Update 3.0.1 is available.
- December 8, 9 AM PST (1700 UTC): Destiny 2 Update 3.0.1 is rolled out across all platforms and regions. Players can log back into Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 at this time. Ongoing maintenance is expected to conclude at 10 AM PST.
- December 8 10 AM PST (1800 UTC): Destiny 1 and Destiny 2 maintenance is expected to conclude.
When Update 3.0.1 releases on December 8, next-gen console users (Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5) will need to download the full-size game, regardless if they have been playing Destiny 2 since Beyond Light’s launch. This does not affect Xbox One, PlayStation 4, or Steam users. Pre-load will not be available for this patch – pre-loads are usually only available for expansion type patches and are not available for hotfixes or seasonal updates.
The estimated patch sizes for Update 3.0.1 based on platforms are as follows:
- Xbox Series X|S 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~70.0 GB
- PlayStation 5 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~67.0 GB
- Xbox One 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.35 GB
- PlayStation 4 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~2.09 GB
- Steam 3.0.1’s patch download size: ~1.5 GB
Additionally, the updated Storage Requirements for Destiny 2 are as follows:
Platform |Destiny 2 Install Size|Free Space Needed to Update | |–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–|–| Xbox Series X|S|70.0 GB|70.0 GB| PlayStation 5|67.0 GB|67.0 GB| PlayStation 4|70.78 GB|70.78 GB| Xbox One|65.7|65.7| PC|69.7 GB|69.7 GB|
- PC: Destiny 2 install size may vary based on languages installed, size shown is maximum size possible.
UPCOMING RESOLVED ISSUES
- Below is a list of some issues expected to be resolved with Update 3.0.1:
- The lift tubes in the Warden of Nothing strike fully drain Super energy.
- The "Wanted: The Fanatic" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating the Fanatic in the Forsaken campaign.
- "The Hit List" Triumph is not being awarded after defeating all the Barons in the Forsaken campaign.
- The holograms from looped emotes, such as the Luxurious Toast and Feline Fancy emotes, disappear and leave players in a static position after the first loop ends.
- The Adored Sniper Rifle cannot be reacquired from the Collections.
While we continue investigating various known issues, here is a list of the latest issues that were reported to us in our #Help Forum:
- Players who are colorblind may have difficulties seeing trails in Wrathborn Hunts.
- In the Last Wish raid, players will get the “Place Relic” prompt for Riven’s Heart even if they aren’t holding it.
- The Binary System ornament for Symmetry disables enemy highlighting in seeker mode.
- Some players are being forced to reacquire the Cryptolith Lure every time they launch the game.
- Major enemies that drop Moon weapon parts aren’t spawning.
- The Scourge of the Past armor can’t take Season of Arrivals mods.
- The Strength of Memory Challenge can’t be completed.
- Some icicles on the Rimed Ghost shell are black and don’t look like icicles.
- The Lost Lament quest sometimes progresses inconsistently/not at all and sometimes needs to be abandoned and reacquired to continue.
- Kills with the Jade Rabbit Exotic Scout Rifle no longer auto-refill its magazine.
- The Halcyon Visage Exotic Sparrow takes shaders poorly.
- The Selfie Emote functions poorly on ultrawide monitor setups.
- The Wisdom of the Witch Triumph no longer counts progress.
- Some players cannot progress past the first mission of A Guardian Rises.
- The Drifter sometimes misgenders players in idle dialogue and Gambit dialogue.
- Eris still has a Weekly Challenge for some players. This Weekly Challenge intentionally does not provide a Powerful reward.
- Flawless Execution on the Way of the Wraith Hunter subclass has a delayed trigger.
- Resetting Valor rank on step 4 of 5 on the Light Reforged Crucible quest prevents future Valor earned from being recorded for the quest.
- Multiple ships have their rocket effects floating behind the ship model.
- Shiver Strike Titan melee does not function with the Heavy Handed mod.
- Collections go back to the main menu instead of to the previous section.
- HDR isn’t working as intended.
- We’re investigating player reports that their veteran dialogue has been replaced with new character dialogue.
Don’t Fall for an Imposter
Since the Deep Stone Crypt raid went live, we’ve been watching numerous fireteams take on the challenge. For some, it was their first trip through pinnacle content in Destiny 2. Exploring new zones, encountering new bosses, and earning new loot is always exciting! For others, this was an opportunity to take things to the limit by taking on the challenge solo. Who needs a backpack?
Movie of the Week: Solo Slayer
Movie of the Week: Beneath the Ice
Movie of the Week: Band of Bro
If you’d like to throw your hat in the Movie of the Week ring, make sure to tag your video with #MOTW, submit it to the Community Creations page, and include any and all contributors to your video in the description.
Piecing Art Together
‘Tis always the season to celebrate the artists of our community. Whether it be an awesome cosplay build, a slick digital piece, or a handcrafted replica of a raid boss using plastic construction toys, we’re excited to celebrate it!
Art of the Week: Blocktraks-1
She is done! Atraks-1, the First(?) Eliksni Exo. Her Encounter on Day one but was super Satisfying to beat together with my Day1 team! This is easly my proudest Destiny 2 Build, and I hope you all will enjoy it!
— Ernie (@TheCreeperIV) December 1, 2020
Art of the Week: Silence… and Squall
— PJM (@PJM_Artwork) December 1, 2020
Art of the Week: Preparing for the Dawning
— sentinelscg (@Konradodo) December 1, 2020
If you’d like to be featured, make sure to tag your creation with #DestinyArt wherever you happen to submit it! We frequently check Twitter, Instagram, and our very own Creations page for things to highlight.
That’s a wrap for this week. A bit to look forward to next week, and even more over the course of December. Thanks to that community art, I've just realized it's almost time for the Dawning. More on that soon…
Next week will be our final TWAB of the year. We’re entering a period where many of our employees will be spending time with family, celebrating the end of a year, and recharging for what’s to come in 2021. We’ll still be around to respond to your feedback, process bug reports, and keep the servers running.
Now, it’s time for me to raid. Looking for a better roll on my Trustee scout rifle from the Deep Stone Crypt. Any suggestions?
Source: Original link
© Post "This Week At Bungie 12/3/2020" for game Destiny 2.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.