I'll start out saying up front that I'm not a great PvP player. That's by choice not skill, since I play mostly for the PvE activities. It's pretty normal for me to end up 5 or 6th in the leaderboard for any match. If I play for awhile and get my groove, I'll finish in the 5-3rd place slots with a rare second place finish.
That said, I still play my Iron Banner in the regular lobbies rather than the solo queue. For me, the stacked teams are far more a blessing than a curse now that there *is* a solo queue. Personally, I've found the solo queue to be generally far more top tier, which is for me, not a Good ThingTM. What I've found is that there are a lot of 5 stacks or 2/3 stack combos that really needs the single player to round out the fireteam.
What I get out of it, is pretty obvious. There's a much better chance of getting, to a degree at least, carried by better PvP players. That means not only better rewards, more Valor, and faster bounty/quest progression, but I get the chance to play long enough to actually get better. I.e., I get to spend more time playing than respawning, so I *can* learn.
In return, I have tried to give back to you all.
- I focus on objective. It's a pretty good chance you'll see me actively capturing zones. I'm actually not all that bad at slipping in and getting the capute.
- I usually play bottom tree Stormcaller with Getaway Artist. Yes, there are more effective warlock classes, but this is the one I'm best at and the Arc Soul helps me get kills. I'm the guy who lays down the rift during a zone capture and gives the entire team arc buddies, effectively doubling our firepower. It helped melt the entire opposition more than once.
- I know when to hide. 'nuff said there. 🙂
- I may not be racking up a lot of kills, but I am providing support (beyond those arc rifts). I'll provide backup fire, draw fire for you, pop a Witherhoard 'nade, and don't have a problem trading kills, especially if we're in the lead.
- I don't quit matches, except in very rare and unique circumstances. If you're putting up with me, the least I can do is stick it through. I'm not going to bail out on you just because we're getting PWND. Besides, there's be too many matches that have turned around.
Anyway, I wanted to send a big Thank You to everyone who had to endure me on their teams and send an apology to those I probably had grinding their teeth at some point.
I actually managed a full set of IB armor with good PvP rolls, so next time you see me, I will not only be a better player, but I will have armor rolled and modded for PvP.
Source: Original link
© Post "To all the teams that put up with me in IB, a big thank you and an apology for my crap playing. There IS a place for mediocre solo players in the regular IB lobby." for game Destiny 2.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.