I made a comment on a thread about the 433 formation and I thought it could be useful to post it here as well and expand a bit more on it. There were a few great posts on how to best utilize formations like 4-2-3-1 and while it was a great and detailed write up, if you copy those tactics and come up against someone else with the same tactics but a more expensive team, you will lose.
There is no single OP formation or set of instructions and all tactics have vulnerabilities. It all comes down to neutralizing the opposition’s CAMs and CDMs. Fifa tactics are not as realistic as real life so wide players and strikers tend to matter less.
Almost all of the popular formations have nemesis formations that can expose them and you should probably be utilizing all of them in custom tactics to switch in game according to how your opponent is playing. Of course the skill level and the level of players still matter but you can close that gap a bit by the correct tactics.
4-1-2-1-2 and 4-3-2-1 are the nemesis formations of 4-3-3 variations.
4-2-3-1 and 4-2-2-2 are the nemesis formations of 4-2-1-2 and 4-2-1-2 (2)
4-5-1 is more or less equal with 4-1-2-1-2. It acts better against it offensively but defensively is worse.
- 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 are the nemesis formations of 4-2-3-1
- 4-3-3, 4-1-2-1-2 are the nemesis formations of 4-4-2
Depending on how the opposition plays, you should try to do the following:
1) If they play with one CAM, try to take him out of the game with two CDMs and stop him from playing the ball to the wings or the strikers (4-2-3-1 is great defensively against 4-1-2-1-2 for this reason)
2) If they play with two or more CAMs, try to create numerical superiority against their deeper midfielders and cut the supply to their CAMs. (4-4-2 with wide midfielders and 4-3-3 can shut down 4-2-3-1 because of this)
3) If they play with one CDM, try to overload him with multiple CAMs so one of them is always free to set your your strikers up on goal. (4-2-2-2 and 4-2-3-1 destroy 4-1-2-1-2 because of this)
4) If they play with two CDMs and your team isn’t a couple million coins more expensive than them then you’re fu*ked. This Fifa is pretty bad for wing play but it is still your best bet. Make sure to overload the midfield to stop him from being able to attack with his 4 forwards. This will frustrate the opponent and will force him to utilize fullbacks in build up and that is your best bet to capitalize on the space left behind the fullback to score. Playing against a 4-2-3-1 with fullbacks staying back will be pretty frustrating but at least they will be completely toothless in attack and you will have lots of chances for timed finesse and near post corner goals.
One of my favourite formations is 4-4-2 which is absolutely garbage due to lack of a CAM and a CDM on its own but it can counter-act 4-3-2-1 so well that it is my go to formation. The wide midfielders play a bit deeper than traditional wingers that gets the fullbacks to charge out and get caught out of position.
The 3 at the back or 5 defender formations in this Fifa are more or less useless because it feels like you’re effectively down to 10 man because wing play is less important.
© Post "A brief guide on coming up with formation and tactics that match your playing style" for game FIFA 19.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!