Shortlist Spreadsheet: https://imgur.com/aCCEf8V
Last Week: 18/23
WONDERING WHY A PLAYER HASN'T BEEN INCLUDED? PLEASE READ THE DISCLAIMERS & REMARKS SECTION FIRST!
- I do not work for EA, hence player picks/ratings/images are not final.
- This is not who I want in the TOTW, but rather who I think EA will choose.
- Likewise, there are other, more deserving players who should be in the team, but at times EA doesn't seem to care much about real-life performance (See TOTW 10).
- There are a number of games left to play on the Monday as well as a few fringe matches Sunday night. In the past few weeks these matches have not been included in the TOTW by EA, though I think they will very likely influence this week's TOTW given the magnitude of the matches (more on this at the end of the next section).
- EA have not included Tuesday games for months now and I don't see that starting back up this week. I have therefore included Tuesday candidates in my spreadsheet (labeled -TU) but not in my predictions.
- I do my best to make sure that dynamic images are from the matches in question. Every now and then I may reuse an image or use an image from a previous game if I can't find any good ones to use that are more recent.
- G= Goals, A= Assists, MOTM= Man of the Match, CS=Clean Sheet, MR= Match Rating
- Like EA seem to do, I consider G then A then MOTM awards then match rating in that order when selecting players.
- Players are not eligible for back to back IF cards, nor are they eligible for next week's TOTW if they are in a current promo. In my experience EA also has a tendency to require at least 2 TOTWs between consecutive IF cards; others say the rule is 1 IF card per calendar month, while others still say that there must be at least two fortnights between IF cards. EA can, of course, choose to bend their own rules if and when they wish, but I will very rarely predict against this rule.
- No, I don't watch every game. I watch what games I can, but all of my predictions are based off match stats and ratings after the fact.
- No, I don't hate your team. I've mentioned on here before that I'm a lifelong United supporter. With that being said, I've actually underestimated the number of United IFs this year. I do my best not to be biased and I'm certainly not sat here leaving out players out of some sort of spite.
- In-form cards are calculated on a single game basis only. That means that combined performances don't count (1G in Game 1 and 2G in Game 2 do not equal 3G when considering players), performance over the course of the season doesn't affect player eligibility. In theory number of special cards, community popularity and existence of live OTW/Headliners cards doesn't affect eligibility either, but I think we can all agree that's patently false.
- Many leagues had a couple of matchweeks in the previous calendar week. As such, a player may be included either from the weekday match or the weekend match.
- Early upload today as I'll be traveling tonight – I've been very much doing these predictions as player ratings come in so as to have this prediction out today. I wouldn't expect any difference in accuracy nor quality, just know that I fully expect these to go back to the later time next week.
- I desperately wanted to include a Fortuna Dusseldorf player, with both Michael Rensing (8 Saves) and Kenan Karaman (1G1A) having standout performances in a 4-1 victory. That being said, neither is sufficiently high-rated to be included over candidates with similar stats, and as such neither is included.
- I also contemplated including Callum Wilson (2G1A+MOTM) but there are a few things working against his inclusion. First of all, the match finished as a 3-3 draw, which usually decreases the odds of an IF. Secondly, there are already 2 PL forwards in the team that I feel won't be left out, and I can't see 3 PL forwards being included in the same TOTW. Finally, I think EA has more or less solidified their TOTS choices and I expect Wilson to be amongst the contenders for the Community TOTS. As such, I would not be surprised to see him miss out when he would otherwise be nearly guaranteed to be included.
- There were no less than 3 hattricks in the CSL this week, with all coming from bigger-name gold players. Once again, I can't see EA including 3 CSL players in a single TOTW; for me Graziano Pelle has to be the odd one out (though I have found him to be beastly IG this year) as the majority of the community will have absolutely no interest in an IF Pelle card. EA has a tendency to pick the more popular of cards when a dispute like this arises and I think we'll see the same again this week.
- I am surprisingly slightly unsure about Mohamed Salah's inclusion in the team. On performance alone there is no doubt that he should be included, but given that both his and Sadio Mane's TOTKS cards were in packs just last week, I feel it may be too soon for another IF card. If he is excluded, then I'm expecting to see Andy Robertson feature instead.
- For those of you that care, let me explain further. In theory, between two performance-based cards there must be at least two weeks separation – this is the rule that most predictors will abide by. This has mostly held up so far this year, apart from the odd occasions where a MOTM card has followed an IF card (I don't recall seeing the opposite so far this year). Though the TOTKS cards are promo cards, they have also been classed as a performance-based, which would ordinarily exclude both Salah and Mane from contention. However, in recent weeks EA has awarded players back to back MOTM cards (albeit MOTM followed by EMOTM or vice versa) which makes me think they may be bending their own rules slightly. It remains to be see what will be done here, but it would not surprise me if this one goes either way.
- EA have also been doing slightly strange things with their card ratings in recent weeks. The TOTKS cards were uncharacteristically awarded a +2IF boost, unlike the TOTGS cards. As well, last week's RB Hamdallah went from 85 to 87 rather than the normal 86. It remains to be seen whether EA are simply piloting higher boosts for certain cards given the proximity to TOTS; regardless, take these card ratings with a little pinch of salt.
- Sean McConville (3G+MOTM) was in my team up until the last minute when Marc Gual got his hattrick – due purely to numbers one of them has to miss out and I think it will be McConville.
- I know a few players will be wanting a TIF Wout Weghorst for his brace and assist, but I've gone for Maximilian Arnold in CM who had 1G1A+MOTM and a 9.8/10 match rating instead.
- There are a few MLS candidates this week, including Felipe Gutierrez and Shea Salinas, but none stand out to me relative to the other candidates available.
- James Tavernier had a brace for Rangers, although both of his goals were penalties. One the one hand, I think he may be excluded yet again this week, though I personally think he's likely done just enough this week.
- GK was a bit of a problem position this week, with multiple candidates but few truly highly-rated enough to be included in the team. I think Sergio Rico will feature in some form, but Ruffier is a bit of a punt despite getting the MOTM for Saint-Etienne.
- Youcef Atal played LW for Nice although he is ordinarily a RB card – as such it would not surprise me to see EA "accidentally" give him the wrong position as they are often apt to do based on a player's card stats (see Filip Kostic).
I'm sure I've missed a few players. As long as you're civil about it I'm more than happy to take suggestions/opinions!
Changes after Sunday's late matches:
If Monday's matches are included this week:
Source: Original link
© Post "TOTW 33 Predictions" for game FIFA 19.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!