Melee; Defensive, KO-focused, Heavy Shield
"A defensive weapon that attacks with a devastating mace that seamlessly extends into a high-reaching flail."
ATK SPD ■■■■□□□□□□
Max Rng ■■■■■■■■□□
General Appearance: Mace with Tower/ Rectangular Shield
Stance: Right foot forward, shield in right hand lowered along side / Mace in left hand resting over left shoulder. Running speed comparable to sword mode Charge Blade. Cannot roll while weapon is drawn; back and side step only.
"B" inputs Mace attacks. "Y" inputs Flail attacks. Mace attacks are equivalent to SnS range and horizontal in motion. Flail attacks are slightly longer in max range than Lance and largely vertical in motion.
• Mace attacks deal heavy damage
• Strong Guard
• Flail attacks have long vertical range
• All attacks KO
• Various attack options
• Mace attacks are very low range
• Low mobility overall
• Flail attacks aren't as strong as Mace
• KO isn't as strong as Hammer
• Attacks are largely telegraphed
• B = Horizontal "Left Hook" Bash
• B>B= Backhanded Bash
• B>B>B = Spinning shorthop left hook (Charged attack. Perfect charge causes massive damage and KO)
• RT+B = Dashing Shield Bash (protects user)
• Y = Downwards Flail Swing
• Y>Y = Uppercut Flail Swing
• Y>Y>Y… = Double V shaped Swings (Infinite left-right attack. Repeated timed inputs increase damage up to 3 levels. Missed timed inputs resets damage level.)
• RT+Y = Backhop Diagonal Uppercut
• B>Y = Mace to shortcut "Y>Y>Y" attack
• B>B>Y = Mace combo to backhop Flail attack
• Y>B = Flail to shortcut "B>B>B" attack
• Y>Y>B = Flail combo to rushing Mace attack
• Y+B = AoE Flail tornado
• RT+Y+B = Harden (slam mace against shield 2 times and strengthen skin to be impervious to knockback for 10 seconds. No damage reduction.)
The idea was loosely inspired by the Combat Cross from Castlevania: Lords of Shadow. I didn't want another overly complex "transforming" weapon, but something more seamless in how it uses both sides of the weapon. Although I simply call it a "Flail" the starting position is that of a Mace, but in terms of what it can do, it makes more sense to call it a Flail. The general idea of the weapon is to be able to weave back and forth with a slow, heavy-hitting weapon in order to keep pressure on the monster while applying exhaust/KO as well as having the ability to hit flying monsters or heads at greater heights. The Shield is meant to make up for its lack of general movement options in neutral position as it's attacks are slow and telegraphed but aggressive, reminiscent of the Gunlance in offensive and defensive situations. I love the hammer as a concept but I would love to see another KO focused weapon with more of a heavy, defensive side to it. Charge Blade doesn't count!
Source: Original link
© Post "Cool idea for a new KO weapon!" for game Monster Hunter World.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.