In an effort to streamline the subreddit and reduce a confusing clutter of basic questions, we're creating this resource thread to consolidate questions. You may remember our resource thread for Generations or the one for 4 Ultimate. This is the same as those!
As mods, we've gone back and forth trying to decide whether we would permit spoilers in this resource thread or not, and the majority of us believe it's more beneficial to the community to have a thread that permits spoilers, rather than one that does not. Folks who wish to NOT be spoiled will have to avoid this thread for the time being, discover things on their own, and then return to get those questions answered. We want this thread to be all-inclusive and a resource for everyone, regardless of the content of the question.
So ask away hunters! I'll be editing this post over time to add resources to it and consolidate useful information
If you want to ask a question with less chance of being spoiled, go to the spoiler-free resource thread here!
- monsterhunterclan for grouping up with other hunters!
- The Unofficial Wiki
- Arekkz Weapon Previews (Not comprehensive, but recommended for new hunters!)
- Monster Hunter: World official game manual
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why is my character so slow?
- Monster Hunter runs on high animation priority, which means it's impractical to dodge everything. Try to observe the monster's animations and squeak a few attacks in when you think you won't get hit.
- Which weapon type should I use?
- The weapon you will be most effective with is the one you feel most comfortable with. Weapon types have different strengths and weaknesses, but also completely different strategies, so explore around and try to find one that's as aggressive, methodical, quick, or defensive as you want to play. The weapon previews above should help
- Why are my attacks bouncing off of the monster?
- Weapon sharpness is a damage multiplier that naturally goes down as you attack a monster, usually from green to yellow, orange, and the red. When you strike a monster with a dulled weapon you can bounce depending on the body part, which will in turn deplete twice the sharpness of a regular hit. Similarly, when you strike a monster with a melee weapon you'll see some blood and dust come out. The larger the blood effect and dust cloud, the more damage that body part takes (heavier hitting attacks also influence this). Aim for those vulnerabilities, and avoid parts that regularly bounce a sharpened weapon.
- Why can't I have nice things?
- A big part of Monster Hunter is gathering and crafting. Check your crafting list or add a weapon to your wishlist to keep track of the materials you need to gather out in the world.
- Where'd the monster go?
- Before entering combat and after a certain combination of time elapsed and damage taken, monsters will roam from area to area. You can gather tracks and traces highlighted by your scoutflies to stay on its tail, or just run to its favored area of the environment once you've become familiar with the particular creature.
- What is the monster doing?
- Monsters have a variety of behaviors including; periodically becoming enraged to deal more damage & attack more often/quickly, limping at low health, panting at low stamina, a chance to flinch out of their attack or movement when taking damage, a chance to fall into a downed state when taking damage to its legs, becoming sleepy/paralyzed/poisoned after enough hits by a weapon or ammo type with that status effect, and leaving tracks in unique ways.
- What am I supposed to be doing?
- Assigned quests unlock new monsters and areas. They must be played solo past any story scenes before they are unlocked for multiplayer. Reading NPC dialogue will also explain a lot, like in many JRPGs.
- When is World out on PC?
© Post "Monster Hunter: World Resources and Question thread (ask here before posting!)" for game Monster Hunter World.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!