This is a continuation of the FAQ I've started doing for events – since most questions are literally the same across the events. I've compiled a list of commonly asked questions that flood this subreddit every event.
When does the event start?
Tuesday, April 16th at 2.00 P.M. EST
When does the event end?
May 6th, roughly around 2:00 P.M. but end times have varied for past events.
Remember that Overwatch has never had a countdown for the exact end time. There have been a few times where the event continued a couple of hours after it was supposed to end. To be safe, just get any cosmetics you absolutely want the day before the event ends on May 5th, at the very latest.
Do any maps get anything new?
- None during normal game play but the maps do change for the Arcade game modes.
- King's Row is under siege by Null Sector extremists, and is seen during the day time during Uprising
- Rialto is flooded with Talon forces, and is seen during the night during Retribution
What is Uprising?
Uprising tells the story of Tracer's first mission to liberate London’s King’s Row from the Omnic terrorists, Null Sector. You can read the backstory comic here.
Uprising teams will be made up of 4 heroes:
- in Story Mode, you'll be Tracer, Torbjorn, Reinhardt, and Mercy.
- All Heroes mode, you can do whatever, but it's strongly recommended that you at least have one healer.
- Either mode has Normal, Hard, Expert, and Legendary difficulty.
Your goals are thus:
- Explore King's Row which is under attack by Omnic terrorists – your overall mission is to survive all the hordes and defeat the final bosses.
- Capture 3 different objectives
- Defend a payload while it starts
- Escort the payload along the path
- Defeat the OR-14 (basically purple Orisa) robots at the end
What is Retribution?
Retribution tells the story of Blackwatch members (Reyes/Reaper, McCree, Genji, and Moira) as they escape the Talon-infested streets of Rialto after a mission gone wrong. You can read the backstory comic here.
Retribution teams will be made up of 4 heroes:
- in Story Mode, you'll be Reaper as Reyes, McCree, Genji, and Moira.
- All Heroes mode you can do whatever, but it's strongly recommended you have at least one healer.
- Either mode has Normal, Hard, Expert, and Legendary difficulty.
Your goals are thus:
- Survive the initial waves of enemies as you try to escape the Talon vault
- Make your way through the streets of Rialto, fighting snipers, assassins, and heavy assault units as you try to make your way to the pick up zone
- Once you're at the pickup zone, survive the many waves of enemies
- Get on the damn helicopter.
- They did fix it to where if a person dies, the helicopter needs one less person to get on the helicopter.
How are they going to rotate Uprising/Retribution/New game mode in the Arcade slots?
We'll have to see. One slot for sure will be given to the new game mode. The other two may be juggled around. Maybe they'll have Uprising/Retribution in one slot, or rotate them daily or weekly.
What is Storm Rising?
We'll find out together! At best, we know:
- Tracer is the leader of the group, having gained leadership skills since Uprising. She will be supported by:
- Winston, as Reinhardt recently had a bad mission.
- It will take place in Havana
- The 4 Overwatch members are targeting Maximillian
Are there any Archives achievements?
|Strike Team||Nulltrooper||Complete with each of the 4 heroes in Standard Story Mode|
|Replacements||Nullmari||Complete with 8 different heroes in All Heroes Mode|
|Mission Complete||Eradicator||Complete on Hard difficulty in Story Mode|
|Handle With Care||Slicer||Deliver the payload with over 80% health on Hard Difficulty in Story Mode|
|Unit Commendation||B73-NS||Complete on Expert Difficulty in Story Mode|
|Distinguished Service||OR14-NS||Complete on Legendary difficulty in Story Mode|
|The Venice Incident||Talon Trooper||Complete with each of the 4 heroes in Story Mode|
|Redacted||Talon Enforcer||Complete with 8 different heroes in All Heroes Mode|
|Into the Shadows||Talon sniper||Complete on Hard difficulty in Story Mode|
|A Quiet Night||Droppachi||Complete on Expert difficulty in Story Mode|
|Clean Getaway||Talon Assassin||Complete on Expert difficulty with no incapacitations|
|Plausible Deniability||Talon Heavy assault||Complete on Legendary difficulty in Story Mode|
Using an educated guess, we can surmise the following for Storm Rising:
|Complete with each of the 4 heroes in Story Mode|
|Complete with 8 different heroes in All Heroes Mode|
|Complete on Hard difficulty in Story Mode|
|Complete on Expert difficulty in Story Mode|
|Complete on Legendary difficulty in Story Mode|
|Complete on Hard/Expert difficulty in Story Mode with One Requirement (usually involving staying alive or maintaining health)|
Cosmetics / Lootboxes
How much are cosmetics?
What new cosmetics are we likely to see?
Given past 2018 events, we are likely to see:
- A complete set of 2 new voicelines and at least 2 sprays for heroes introduced in 2018/early 2019, i.e. Wrecking Ball, Ashe, and Baptiste
- One spray will reference what each of the new heroes were doing when they were younger/time of the Archives event
- Legendary Skins of heroes in their past years (i.e. Hanzo when he was a yakuza, Winston when he was on the moon, etc), for the most part, although some exceptions do occur (Lucio has a skin based on his old concept art).
- We are unlikely to see a whole new set of sprays and voice lines for all the heroes of the roster, as seen in the last 4 events
- New player icons that reference the new Legendary skins
- There will be new tweets from Overwatch Twitter revealing new cosmetics. If you wish to remain spoiler-free, avoid any Overwatch related social media
Are there any cool details about the cosmetics from last year?
I've made a separate post about the previous Archives skins here. Feel free to check it out and see if any interest you!
Should I buy X cosmetic?
If you really want it, sure – but most would say to just wait until the day right before the event ends to buy it. You might unlock it from regular playing, especially since the Arcade lootboxes are super easy to get from this event.
NOTE: A good strategy to consider is to buy all of the old cosmetics that are worth 1000 credits. That way, any new Legendary items (as lootboxes look at items you don't have yet) will be more likely to be the new Legendary items which are 3000 credits.
What new events / game modes will appear?
We will see Storm Rising Event which will explore Havana. That's all we know at the time of this writing.
We can expect: a new comic, a Story mode with 4 different difficulties (Normal, Hard, Expert, Legendary) and an All Heroes mode with the same 4 different difficulties as mentioned previously.
Will any unopened loot boxes I have become Archives loot boxes at the start of the event?
No. The lootboxes are determined when you get them – so any previous loot boxes will remain the same and there will be no event goodies with them. Any loot boxes you earn though during the event will be Archives themed though.
Should I bother doing my Arcade lootboxes the day before the event? OR Will my Arcade weekly reward reset after the start of the event?
No. Arcade weekly rewards reset on Mondays, and the event doesn't reset them.
One thing to note about Archives – the PvE mode is a really easy way to grind out lootboxes. The Normal modes are PRETTY easy so you can just fly through those 9 Arcade wins for the week.
What is the best way to maximize my initial lootboxes?
- Win 2 arcade games before the event start, that way you only need to win 1 game of the actual event to get your second lootbox.
- Get super close to leveling up the day before the event, and stop there.
- You get 1 lootbox when you first log into the event
- You'll get another lootbox after winning your third arcade game of the week
- You'll get another lootbox from leveling up
- You'll get at least 2 lootboxes from completing the remaining 6 wins needed in the Arcade, but you may earn more just from leveling up
- This is usually at least 5 guaranteed lootboxes, although you can hit 6 if you level up a lot in the Arcade
Comp issues (PSA):
Please avoid competitive ranked mode around the time of the event to avoid server instability. If you can just avoid ranked the day of the event to avoid any potential SR loss, including around the time of the patch and a few hours after the patch download.
Playing comp on patch day is a risk on your part.
Case in point: Winter Wonderland 2018: all servers went down right at patch time, resulting in many people getting kicked. Then 4 hours later, many servers went down again. Then another 2 hours, many servers went down again. Just avoid comp for one day and enjoy the new event!
- For the week leading up to the event, the official Overwatch Twitter will be showcasing skins, at random times (there is no set schedule). If you wish to remain spoiler-free, avoid social media for the days leading up to the event.
- As stated before: patch day is usually unstable and can lead to people getting booted from comps. For the day of the event, it’s generally not safe to play ranked mode, especially around the time of the patch. To avoid any issues, avoid ranked for April 16th, including hours after the patch
- If competitive crashes for multiple people, no, Blizzard will not refund your lost SR.
- The Arcade will most likely have slots devoted to the Arcade events – one for the brand new story mode and one or two for Uprising and Retribution. It is unlikely to change and thus the available games for Arcade will be limited if you don’t like those game modes.
- “I keep getting duplicates!” You probably have most of the cosmetics already.
- “I haven’t gotten the skin I wanted!” Be patient, you’ll probably get it. It’s RNG after all, and you’re more likely to get it as the event goes on.
- As a side note, there is a very good chance that Anniversary 2019 will allow you to buy the skins that you just missed. So if you don't get all the skins or miss out, you might be able to get them at Anniversary 2019, which is only a few months away.
Please let me know if I have made any mistakes or if there should be any additional questions needed.
Source: Original link
© Post "Archives FAQ" for game Overwatch.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.