Ground targeted abilities (Reaper’s Shadowstep, Mei’s Icewall, Symmetra’s Teleporter, etc) will now more heavily prefer edges over placing as far away as possible.
With this patch they changed how Mei's wall, Reaper's Teleport, and Symmetra's Portal are placed. I don't know why they did, but it's so much worse than it was.
I've only tested it with Mei, but here are a number of examples. When the wall outline glowy thing doesn't show up you can't place it at all.
It's almost random where you can and can't place the wall on this ledge
- It seems to be proximity based. When up close to a wall you can't place it unless you aim very down low on the floor. The further you are from the wall, the higher up you can aim.
- This entire upper area is untargetable. I can't place my wall at all.
- For this area I can't place my wall on specific points, depending on where I aim
- When out of range the wall used to default to it's maximum range. Now it seems to just disappear
- Another example of seemingly random placement
- This one is super weird. It jumps all over the place and never places itself where I want it to go.
- Another example of not being able to place my wall on the edge at all.
- The wall only appears when I get close enough
- Blocking this sniper spot is now impossible unless I go through the choke
- Another super weird one. Part of this bridge is completely ignored and instead it places itself on the walkway behind it
- More random placement, or more so lack of placement
- If I get too close my wall just disappears altogether. The range of when this happens is determined by how high I aim
- This sign completely blocks the placement of my Wall
A few notes:
- It's not affected by broken terrain. Broken fences result in the same as not broken fences.
- Previously your wall would only not appear when looking too far up in to the sky.
- Previously your wall would default to it's maximum range if nothing else was in range. It still seems to do this, but only when aiming at absolutely nothing.
- Previously your wall would appear on the floor when aiming at terrain.
The point of these changes was to make your wall favor edges more frequently. I honestly have no idea why that was necessary as it always seemed to do a great job. Wall placement was quite consistent before these changes. Perhaps these changes translate better to Symmetra or Reaper but I can't really say since I never play them.
I have over 1000 hours as Mei so I'd like to say I have a pretty good feeling for how my Wall works. Everything I showed in these gifs is new behaviour and was not like this previously. As it stands this is simply really annoying.
Source: Original link
© Post "They changed how Mei’s wall (and other abilities) are placed, and it’s irritatingly broken." for game Overwatch.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.