With the Workshop added, I'm taking a look back at the D.mon concept I wrote up when she was revealed last year to see how viable it is to get her working and really test her out.
A quick review:
Role: Damage/Tank Hybrid
D.mon starts in Pilot mode, with abilities centered around eating enemy tanks.
With her ultimate, she calls down the Beast and becomes a beefier offensive tank, super-charging her tank-eating abilities. If she's allowed to charge up her ultimate in Tank mode (Deathscythe) it'll really hurt, but if her mech is destroyed she reverts to Pilot mode.
Here's the full movement list:
D.Mon/Pilot Mode – 200 HP, 50 Armor (Hard Light Gauntlet has 500 HP)
- LMB: Beam Saber – Smack an enemy with a beam saber, dealing damage. Deals aggravated damage to shields and energy barriers.
- RMB: Hard Light Gauntlet – Activate the Gauntlet, absorbing damage from the front.
- RMB + LMB: Guard Crush (6s CD) – Smack an enemy with Hard Light Gauntlet, dealing damage based on Gauntlet health. Deals aggravated damage to shields and energy barriers.
- LSHIFT: Pounce (6s CD)- Jump horizontally in the direction you're moving.
- Q: Call Mech – Activates Mech mode. Enemies in the impact area where the mech lands take damage.
D.Mon/Mech Mode – 550 HP, 200 Armor (Hard Light Shield starts with proportional HP to Hard Light Gauntlet, new maximum is 1500 HP)
- LMB: Beam Saber – Smack an enemy with a beam saber, dealing heavy damage. (During Saber Throw this is replaced by Quick Melee.)
- RMB: Hard Light Shield – Activate the Shield, absorbing damage from the front.
- RMB + LMB: Guard Crush (3s CD) – Smack an enemy with Hard Light Shield, interrupting in-progress abilities. Deals damage based on Shield health. Deals aggravated damage to shields and energy barriers.
- LSHIFT: Pounce (3s CD) – Jump horizontally in the direction you're moving. The closest enemy within the impact area is knocked back.
- E: Saber Throw – Throw beam saber at a location, piercing barriers and damaging enemies struck while in flight and in the impact area.
- E: Retrieve Saber – Recalls saber to hand. (Has a warm-up of 10s after using Saber Throw. Standing on top of the Saber's impact area circumvents the warm-up.)
- Q: Deathscythe – Overload the beam saber, allowing a single powerful slash that deals massive damage to enemies in a wide frontal cone and destroys shields/energy barriers. Deactivates mech, triggering Pilot Mode.
In terms of prototyping, I feel like starting with a baseline of Brigitte who turns into Reinhardt with the Ultimate might be the best way to make this happen. What I'm stumbling over is a) how to modify Brig's shield to remove her shield dash and replace it with the gauntlet attack and b) how to modify Reinhardt's shield to have the guard crush attack. Oh and also how to create the Saber Throw, though I think that might be relatively easy.
Numbers are all subject to change, interested to know what people think.
Source: Original link
© Post "[Workshop] D.mon Prototyping" for game Overwatch.
Top 10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2020
2020 will have something to satisfy classic and modern gamers alike. To be eligible for the list, the game must be confirmed for 2020, or there should be good reason to expect its release in that year. Therefore, upcoming games with a mere announcement and no discernible release date will not be included.
Top 15 NEW Games of 2020 [FIRST HALF]
2020 has a ton to look forward to...in the video gaming world. Here are fifteen games we're looking forward to in the first half of 2020.