I went into this game almost completely blind. Holy shit, this game. I keep peeling away layers of the onion and each new layer is an absolute delight. So far I have had my mind blown by:
- The beautiful starting area! I scuba dive, it was an almost but not quite familiar setting for me.
- Nightfall and the transformation to the beautiful, bioluminescent expanse!
- The stupid big fish with a long snout that hangs around in the kelp forest and likes shiny things! Even my camera drones! Those are mine, damnit!
- The mountain hidden in fog! With the alien building on it! OH WAIT THAT’S NOT A BUILDING.
- The id*otic fish that keeps attacking my minisub but isn’t strong enough to do any damage to it but makes the annoying bumping noise every time it tries.
- The towering underwater trees with the glowing blue rays swimming around them!
- The bigger, glowing versions of the brain corals, with electric fish swimming around them! I stumbled upon them while going deeper and boy are they pretty.
- I found some kind of vent shaft underwater. What the hell is up with this planet!
- An island that is held up by the mature version of those round gas filled things you can find holding rocks up. An entire. Fu*king. Island. With the wrecks and voice logs of some previous survivors.
- I’m so into gardening now.
I also went to the wreck of the Aurora but it was all fire and crabs and I couldn’t be arsed. I’ll come back with extinguishers and food/medpacks.
Also, I’m infected?
A giant orange monster fish grabbed my minisub and tried to kill me while I was putting around the alien gun mountain island. No warning except this terrific roar and then he had me. He left my sub at 40% though so as long as I keep it maintained I guess I’m OK.
The only thing that’s scared me so far are the purple things that look like they’re from starcraft – the hydralisks? They fu*king teleport in and shoot electric circles at you? They’re so out of place in this environment. I’ve not been hit by one of those electric circles and I don’t want to find out what happens if I am.
Glad I bought it, haven't had such a delightful time in a game for a long time.
Edit: in my excitement, I forgot to mention something a bit more sombre. I have apparently hunted the fish around my main base into extinction. No more big yellow spore releasing guys, no more peepers, bladderfish, and boomerangs. I am currently building a few aquariums to repopulate the area with the small guys but I just felt a bit guilty when I went out at night, saw nothing glowing, and realised that it must have been me and my hunting.
© Post "This game." for game Subnautica.
Top-10 Best Video Games of 2018 So Far
2018 has been a stellar year for video game fans, and there's still more to come. The list for the Best Games of So Far!
Top-10 Most Anticipated Video Games of 2019
With 2018 bringing such incredible titles to gaming, it's no wonder everyone's already looking forward to 2019's offerings. All the best new games slated for a 2019 release, fans all over the world want to dive into these anticipated games!